Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-13-2003, 03:18 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Let the flames begin!

Don't forget to wave..........
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2003, 05:10 AM   #2
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Financial News

Where are you Highwayman?
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
jdsmith
Registered Member

If you're an investor, you really can't flame anything about them. I don't buy their products (bikes, gear, clocks, oven mittens, etc.), but they know their market better than almost any other company. Highwayman, I think the largest single shareholder is AXA Financial--a FRENCH corporation! Where is the outrage?
jdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:49 AM   #4
sarnali
Founding Member

A french investment house? I guess they can revive the amf era "great American FREEDOM machines" add campaign. People can slam HD all day long but they've got making money down to an art.

sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:00 AM   #5
runner00
Founding Member

they make good overly priced bikes long on durability short on hp . Actually very reliable

machines geared more towards reasonable road manners then you average bike. They are without a doubt king of the cruiser. The financial stats are no surprise to me. Long live HD. Things don't last for 100 years unless there is some true value. One squids nightmare is another hogs dream.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:48 AM   #6
F451
Founding Member

Although pleased with H-D's "current" financial performance, I am also concerned about H-D's "future" performance given its market segment. I see new H-D showrooms being built, factory expansion, but a waning segment market and little to bring in the necessary younger buyer in the numbers needed. My favorite engine theme--the V twin, but H-D needs to expand into other markets to hold onto its market share. After this year the 100th Anniversary models will no longer be in the showrooms and there will be a void that H-D needs to fill with innovation versus celebration; continued recruiting, retaining and challenging talent to move H-D to the leading edge of technology, business and financial management; further diversification into international markets.

H-D showrooms are now more customer friendly and they are moving to solicit a different clientele to keeps sales up. I stand firmly behind H-D and applause their success. I stand even firmer in the hopes that H-D continues this trend well into the future. Harley-Davidson...an American icon.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:40 AM   #7
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Thank you

To all H-D Customers thank you. As a H-D stockholder thanks for your continued support. My confidence that H-D can market overpriced and low tech classic motorcycles to aging baby boomers is renewed. I am concerned that future revenues will slow due to the baby boomers dying off and lack of exciting product for Gen X and Gen Y bikers. Contrary to some MOrons, I don't think that as folks get older they will gravitate to cruisers. H-D's market is not guaranteed by aging.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:41 AM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Let the flames begin!

Which finger would you like?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #9
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Thank you

KPaul, you've been haranguing about how H-D is doomed for a LONG time now... Yet you continue to hold H-D stock.

Until you sell your stock, how about giving it a rest, eh?
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:44 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Thank you

He's been off his medication for a while now.

I just got my recent Hog Tales magazine with HOG's 750,000th member on it. He's 25 years old.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote