Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #11
JALacroix
Founding Member

Default Re: History Made in Atlanta

While I would agree that Harleys are bloated, overpriced, pieces of crap I don't know that the v-twin is going anywhere soon.

My next bike will be a v-twin (Ducati or possibly Aprilia) sportbike. Also, it seems to me that there is still quite a market for v-twins. Suzuki has done quite well with the SV650, and the SV1000 will also likely do quite well. It's not all about absolute top-end hp to all of us.
JALacroix is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Don't now to many people who would like to have a pet T-rex
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:59 AM   #13
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: IT'S A V-ROD MOron

Please, no one take this the wrong way, but if anyone on this site is deluded enough to think that any pro level racing machine is anything like a stock, off the showroom floor, machine, then they need to stop visiting this site and go hang out with the herseyhighwayman, and his leather clad, oiled and buffed boys.

Even the privateers take full advantage of the rules and modify every piece they can afford to.

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #14
svierte
Founding Member

'course the ducati and Suzuki v-twins are actually "L-Twins"...I sure wouldn't want to lump the L-twins with the Hardleys and look alikes...
svierte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 01:45 PM   #15
FalcoSC
Founding Member

....but you apparently don't mind lumping Aprilia (60 degree V) with the Hardleys......
FalcoSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
gooseman_1
Founding Member

The Dodo is a bird, but it's name is sometimes used to describe people who make comments like this.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 06:16 PM   #17
clively
Founding Member

Holy crap. I am looking at my favorite motorcycle site, I click on the news section, and what is there but news about bike related topics (the above is meant as sarcasm). I know we all wake up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes, but I can't believe people are complaining about m/c related news. If you don't like H-D then don't read the article. If you want to speak poorly of the article at least know your facts. BTW if anyone knows where I can get a T-rex please let me know, an unknown neighbor's little yappy dog is crapping on my lawn.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #18
Mikey
Registered Member

It's only an L due to laying the front cylinder down to provide for improved rear cylinder cooling. The shape formed by the angle between the cylinders is still a V.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:00 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Beware the engine Nazis

You just happened to run across the engine Nazis. Only one engine configuration should be tested on MO and competed with on our racetracks (I'll let you guess which configuration that is).

These geniuses believe they have stumbled upon some revelation figuring out that given a similar displacement, the engine with more cylinders will make more power. Of course the local high school cheerleading squad could probably figure that out also, but this doesn't stop the engine Nazis.

According to the Engine Nazis, only sportbikes should be tested at MO. Even a recent sport-touring comparo took heat because (gasp!), some of the bikes had V-Twins.

god-forbid you mention the name Harley-Davidson in front of the Engine Nazis. Riding a motorcycle with an inferior engine with riders who won't wave is grounds for execution at the hands of the Engine Nazis.

Finally, if you are a racing promotor, don't you dare do anything to be inclusive of all brands and styles. Your goal shouldn't be to put paying customers in the stands but to make sure only the superior engine configuration is represented. Always put the Engine Nazis desires before profits.

You've been warned..........
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #20
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: IT'S A V-ROD MOron

C'mon Noknee, I think Bob's point was that you're the one who should go hangout with the HersheyHighwayMan if you think this V-rod wasn't taking full advantage of the rules which favor American pushrod v-twins.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote