Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-17-2003, 05:20 AM   #1
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Another Record for H-D

Attaboy Harley! I bought HDI in 87' and have held through 5 splits. Rags to riches baby! Anybody know what bikes they plan to build in their new York factory? Yea, and before all you crotch rocket pilots start dissen H-D, just remember that we bikers need to stick together since we only make up around 1% of the population. Divided it only looks worse. Speaking of 1%, that sure leaves alot of ceiling for growth. The sky is the limit if we only can get more of these pussies to mount a motorcyle. The certainly have no idea what they are missing.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2003, 05:28 AM   #2
grubz916
Registered Member

You got that right. These stupid sportbikes/cruiser catfights serve only to dilute what our collective effort should be focused on, keeping ourselves from being regulated into extinction.

BTW, dontcha know the Highheel Man gets first shot at these HD related stories. Now he won't come around, you stole his thunder. Shame on you.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:33 AM   #3
Dynaguy
Founding Member

Though I no longer own any Harley motorcycles, sold in favor of a Ducati and a Kawasaki, I am still one happy shareholder. Live to ride, ride to earn!!
Dynaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Well, Kook?

Wasn't KPaulKook saying something about the death of the V-Twin?
Old 04-17-2003, 06:04 AM   #5
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Well, Kook?

"There you go again" Reagan voice. I never said V-Twins would die, just in racing and eventually sportbikes.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:08 AM   #6
KPaulCook
Banned

Default As a H-D stockholder I thank you.

Thanks to all the cruiser riders that make Harley-Davidson a sucess. By selling low cost but high priced thus high margin products to loyal followers, H-D have increased my net worth. HD's sucess is based on superior marketing techniques and just in time engineering (every 20 years . Thanks again cruiser fans.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Congrats Harley. I agree that motorcyclists should stick together when it counts but just between us isn't it kind of fun to mess around with those that don't like the "right" kind of bikes and will never know true motorcycle nirvana like we do?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:37 AM   #8
F451
Founding Member

Congratulations H-D.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:00 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Well, Kook?

Considering Reagan's current state of mind, your quoting of him is entirely apropos.

And your stupid predictions that Harleys would go into disfavor are quite well documented.

Alzheimers is a bi*ch isn't it?
Old 04-17-2003, 07:03 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: As a H-D stockholder I thank you.

Why can't you just admit that HD's are desirable to a percentage of the riding public? Instead you have to add the snide little "low cost high priced" "loyal followers"" superior marketing" bull*****. As far as I know HD is a union shop, that means they pay a living wage and bennies to their workers, and support the communities they're in. I'm aware that Honda does the same thing in Ohio, priced a Goldwing lately? With your many years of college and inumarable engineering credentials I'm sure you're aware that manufacturing in this country costs a little more. We are of course covering the same old ground here but I'm bored so I'll explain again for you,,, HD's are as technologicaly advanced as anything else within the design parameters they work within, they meet emission requirements for the next few years, they use apparently seamless EFI systems The brakes are up to par with anything else. The paint and chrome are second to none, and the Japanese spend a hell of a lot of time and energy trying to copy them as close as possible. What are you not understanding here? Is it because of the whole middle age biker dress-up thing? Let them have their fun, no one is going to confuse a sportbike guy like you with a Fonda wannabe.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote