Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-18-2003, 04:29 AM   #1
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Screamin' V-Rod

Whoops, maybe the v-twin isn't dead after all. Granted it has only a passing resemblance to a real V-rod but that's true of all the others in the class. More interesting to me was the way the divine Miss S. got in everybody's head. Qualified first but based on her reaction times she shouldn't have gone another round.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2003, 05:04 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Too bad the Harley broke down. Next time Hines will remember to carry that quickly accessible roll of duct tape....
Old 03-18-2003, 08:23 AM   #3
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I see that they forgot to mention that the only reason they qualified was because the last Suzuki in line broke and couldn't make its qualifying run...

Seriously though, it's good to see some diversity in this class. You can only watch so many GSXRs win before it gets boring.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
runner00
Founding Member

Nice ...but that will not change the fact that harley no longer offers a good bike at a fair price. Hype is not worth thousands of dollars.

I've been riding harley for 15 years and I'm looking elsewhere until harley offers a good bike at a fair price.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

Default Jonesin' for Jon

I'm gonna kick our fearless editor in his Screamin' V-Rod if he doesn't show himself soon. Burnsie, since YOU aren't under a military mandate to leave the country in 48 hours, please give us a column or sumpin'. I miss you and I ain't complaining about lack of content, just lack of BURNS.
NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #6
bigjames
Premium Member

Apparently runner00 has not priced bikes lately! Take a look at any of the higher end bikes (that would be Gold Wing (and Honda's HIGHER end cruisers, not the crap notaharleys they also sell right next to the Wing and the VTX), BMWs and Harleys). The Harley sits pretty much in the same area. As the owner of a 2003 Electra Glide and 2000 BMW K1200LT, I did price them all. Ended up buying the Harley (in all fairness, BMW was not offerning their current insane good deal they are offering now) You just have to HUNT for an HD dealer who is not bleeding thief!
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #7
humhead
Registered Member

I agree that variety is good for competition.

I own an old 8 valve Suzuki, But any racing class where only one brand of bike is competitive is BORING.

Harleys seem to provoke strong reactions pro or con. I would never buy one, but if you like 'em & can afford the price, enjoy.
humhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:57 PM   #8
ironmike
Founding Member

Default Re: Screamin' V-Rod, uh price..?

This particular V-Rod has a corporate tab of an admitted 2.2 Million (US) and about 2.5 years of development... Not that there's anything wrong with that... But the walk-in customer can't acquire even a reasonable facsimile thereof. Take a good look at the billet-born engine and the rest of the one-off stuff.
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 03:03 PM   #9
kwayne_406
Founding Member

the thing i don't understand, and many others im sure is that the true vrod is a DOHC motor, but yet NHRA lets the V&H team build a pushrod motor to get more cc's. i woulda thought that the bike had to have the same basic engine configuration to run...or maybe it's like flat-trackin now, the series shows favortism and tries to make it competitive for the harley. i am glad to see the "v-rod" make the show, and make it to the semi's at that. they needed a good run.
kwayne_406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #10
runner00
Founding Member

I'm out...no more harleys. Have fun.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote