Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-11-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: H-D 100th Tix Ready

That is not the cheapest thing from Harley, their stock is the cheapest, $36.95 a share!

Where are you Highwayman?
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2003, 05:20 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Buz will be on the way over come party time, my arm chaps are ready, and KPaul is staying in Seattle. Life doesn't get much better. Only the H-Man himself could make the 100th the party of the century. Buz, I hope the Glide doesn't fall apart before then.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:32 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm going to tow the Ducati behind it just in case. I'm really looking forward to the ride out there. There will be thousands of bikes on the road from all corners of the country.

The condo where I'm staying is preparing to accept 45 riders from Austrailia! Tell me that place isn't going to be a party.

I figure it will take us four days to ride there. That would be averaging about 550 miles per day. Maybe I should keep receipts and do one 1000 mile day for Iron Butt certification. Not on that stock seat though. I'm already shopping for a Mustang seat as a replacement.

We'll toast KPaul and inline 4s once I arrive! Start chillin' the beers.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 05:54 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

The $5 handling fee is for all the toxic waste crews that will be needed to clean the spilled oil on the approach roads to Milwaukee. Also for the cleanup crews to pick up from the roads all the loose paraphernalia that accompanies any large group on Hogs.... clutch covers, trannies, cylinderheads, bongs, and the odd easyriders babe who passed out and slipped off the sissybar.

Should be a hoot.

Except for one thing. Think there'll be a poetry event so's The Highwayman can regal the crowd with his lyrical creations? Will it be by the trailer park?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Eric
Founding Member

How have your mods worked out?

The HD air zeppelin seat is actually pretty damn comfortable, if overpriced.

By the way, something I intended to reply to on an earlier thread was a claim I believe you made as to setting an age record for the geezer glide. I had my first ultra at age 22 (in lieu of a new car). I had my second at 25. Now I ride a Buell.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:58 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You turned into a Geezer earlier than me. I'm 38. I can't tell you about the mods because they're not on yet. I'm dropping the bike off today. I have my son the rest of the week so even if I get it back I won't be riding for a while.

I looked at the Road Z seat but it's a lot of damn money. I had a Mustang touring seat on my Low Rider and it was excellent. I run a Sargent on my Ducati which is also excellent and when you click on the link for H-D on Sargent's site it directs you to Mustang.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:59 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Don't forget the best trailer contest and most creative fringed arm chap contest.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:05 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

By your vivid description, I can tell you have been to a few of these.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:12 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Do you think Yamaha's XS650 25th and Suzuki's 40th anniversary of the "charter" will be as much fun?
Old 03-11-2003, 07:44 AM   #10
bikervince
Founding Member

Who cares? I'm drooling with anticipation over the big Excelsior-Henderson 5th Anniversary bash!! Oh, wait... nevermind.
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote