Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 03-12-2003, 03:04 PM   #31
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Something else on the H-D website

That is what I was thinking too -- something in the general configuration as the Dyna Sport. Could be a viable alternative to the BMW Boxer series, with sport tourers, pure tourers, naked roadsters etc.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2003, 07:30 PM   #32
Toadtown
Founding Member

I am an older guy (50) and have been riding for about 40 years. I feel the same way as you do about the Vrod. Love the engine and tranny; but for me an old fashioned T Sport makes more sense; nowhere near the power but a more "normal" riding position. My T Sport is a nice little bike. However, if HD ever puts the Vrod in a conventional motorcycle format the Tsport will be gone.
Toadtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 07:37 PM   #33
Toadtown
Founding Member

Having been a BMW twin owner for the past 10 years or so; and an owner of a couple of the modern ones; I can tell you that a sport VRod would most likely run away and hide from the lovely Beemers. Nothing against the Beemers but they don't make the kind of power the VRod does in my opinion. I test rode one and would have bought it except for the silly (to me at least) riding position.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:40 PM   #34
Toadtown
Founding Member

I am an older guy (60) and have been riding for about 40 years. I feel the same way as you do about the Vrod. Love the engine and tranny; but for me an old fashioned T Sport makes more sense; nowhere near the power but a more "normal" riding position. My T Sport is a nice little bike. However, if HD ever puts the Vrod in a conventional motorcycle format the Tsport will be gone.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:11 AM   #35
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default WHA!?

Dude, you just aged ten years in ten minutes!
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 06:37 AM   #36
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default V-Rod Prices

I had never really considered one, but I was rather intrigued by the one that RoadRacing World tested (print version only, sorry) along with several other power cruisers. Sort of a silly test, in a way, but considering the focus of the magazine it makes some sense -- all professional racers doing the testing, with a session at the Streets of Willow as the highlight (lowlight?). Anyway, several of the racers were in love with the V-Rod motor.

Anyway, out of idle curiosity, I ran a quick check on www.cycletrader.com and found a bunch of low miles used V-Rods starting in the $16 grand range, and quite a few new ones up around $18K, so it does sound like pricing has settled into something reasonable. Of course, there are still those who think they can get $25K as well.

If they were to keep the same basic look (I like the aluminum finish) but with a slightly shorter wheelbase, more clearance, steeper fork etc -- and certainly a bigger tank, I could be tempted.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM   #37
Toadtown
Founding Member

Default Re: WHA!?

Yes I did. My first entry was a typo. I would like to have the 10 years back but they are past. I was born in 1942.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #38
Toadtown
Founding Member

Default V Rod motor in other frames

I think HD is not going to sell the T Sport Dynas next year; maybe a V Sport?