Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 02-13-2003, 04:39 AM   #1
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Gets Second Place

Corporate sincerity? What happened to those people with cam bearings that are knocking , who bring their bikes to a dealer only to be told that Harley Davidson will not do anything untill they fail completely?

I call that corporate arrogance.

Corporate sincerity and ethics, what a joke!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2003, 05:07 AM   #2
Captain_1
Founding Member

No surprise here. Public perception is not often rooted in reality. This is why advertising and PR firms exist. In marketing, politics, etc.... IMAGE is more powerful than substance.

Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:25 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

".....and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. And the atrociteurs put on sackcloth and ashes and were not comforted."

"And the Lord said, 'Bringeth out mine Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch that I may blow my atrociteur competition to bits, in my mercy.' "

Where is our favorite cookiecutteur these days? It's too early to be trailering to Jacksonville.

Old 02-13-2003, 05:34 AM   #4
intruderman
Founding Member

Another way of looking at second place is to call it "first loser". I think that's appropriate in Harley's case.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:50 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

A wise man once said "Perception IS reality". Negative and positive stereotypes rule most lives.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:59 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

What happened to all those people with those Honda VF700s who went into their dealers with blown transmissions only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

What happened to all those people with those Suzuki GS1000s who went into their dealers with burned stators only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

What happened to all those people with those Suzuki TL1000s who went into their dealers with broken frames only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

What happened to all those people with those Honda Goldwings who went into their dealers with burned alternatrs only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

What happened to all those people with those Yamaha RD350s who went into their dealers with blown transmissions only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

What happened to all those people with those Kawasaki W2SSes who went into their dealers with fried electrics only to be told, "Too bad, you're warranty period is up"?

And on and on and on and on.................

All manufacturers have engaged in such practices. Dozens and dozens of models have been sold by all manufacturers with serious problems that are never ever recalled. No one has a corner on corporate indifference.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:02 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Haven't you been told you're not allowed to find fault with Japanese manufacturers?

You sound like you speak from personal experience here. Let me know what bike you're planning to buy next and I'll be sure to stay away from that one! lol
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:03 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It looks like Harley has been fooling us for 100 years now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:04 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It's never too early to trailer.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:20 AM   #10
navion_pa1
Founding Member

I think should start using the DOT site to

report bad problems. If the TL1000s owner's

had filed reports with DOT, when the number

hits about 1% or 2% of the number of bikes sold, DOT looks into it and may issues a recall.

MCN, has been pushing this point for a few years now, if all the HD people with bad cam bearing had submitted a report, HD would be

force into a recall to correct the problem. Since it could argured that a engine locking up is an unsafe condition.

navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote