Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Harley Class Action Suit (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/1527-harley-class-action-suit.html)

longride 01-16-2003 06:49 AM

Re: Harley Class Action Suit

What was the big event that happened in 1970 that waved bye bye to Harley?

Pain_Seraphiin 01-16-2003 06:53 AM

LOL, true. Turned 40, grabbed a younger woman to be my bride. Corvette was cheap... 94 used. Ride... 2002 Honda VFR800. Have owned Honda NightHawk, Honda VTR1000, Ducati 750 Paso and Ducati 900 SS.

Next Bike may be a BMW. Someday, hopefully a QUALITY Harley.

Do keep in mind, when I am riding my Honda or Driving my Corvette ..... I don't have company logos all over my butt.

I drive the Corvette because it is one of the most enjoyable cars Americans put out. I loved my Mustang 5.0 also. I guess I wasn't a poser in that one.

Damn, where is my gold chain!

rsheidler 01-16-2003 06:53 AM

What a great image!

seruzawa 01-16-2003 06:57 AM

You conveniently ignore the sportbike posers. Are you one?

Pain_Seraphiin 01-16-2003 07:00 AM

AMF years possibly?

I have a bro that rides a beefed up Aprilla Falco and also a Harley with the 88 engine.

He ride and raves about both. So Harley can't be all bad.

My only Harley experience was a 1200 Sporty. Engine shuddered and did not move when given throttle.

Sat on a Dyna Wide Pig and started the shuddering, Blap, blap, frappp.. motor.

I do admit I am not being fair. But I guess I would have to buy all the clothing apparell to really appreciate a Harley's ride.

Now, to put a leather halter top and leather short shorts on my wife... or even better, my barely legal girlfriend and then go for a ride on the Harley, now that would be sweet.

Potato Potato Potato.

Frapp, frapp, Potato Potato

lol, without Harleys, what would we joke about.

HighwayMan, give us some prose bro!

KPaulCook 01-16-2003 07:08 AM

Music to my ears. But maybe it is time to sell

Actually not. Cause HD has been the best stock in the last two years in my portfolio. Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and Sun have sucked. But I could always count on the Highwayman to come through. If Harley would take the high road on this I'll bet this will be minor bump in the road. But I can kind of see HD points if they don't settle cause there are a lot of lawsuits without merit or overstate things.

In the paper I just saw an ad for $1000 off on Harleys up through the FXDX . Destination Harley in Tacoma. Hey I looked at HD stock in a pure business sense. As long as there are gray pony tail brothers willing to buy .....

TheFox 01-16-2003 07:21 AM

Nahhhh

I think you're right up until the end. The last paragraph is wishful thinking.

--The Fox

KPaulCook 01-16-2003 07:32 AM

Defending Corvettes

Hey if I could afford one I would. Not because I'm a Poser because the Corvette is world class. It is the flagship of American Automotive Engineering something we can be proud of. Only wish Harley would produce something similiar i.e. the great American sporbike. I know it isn't good from a financial sense but it would be a hoot to root for a Harley in MotoGP or WSB.

seruzawa 01-16-2003 07:33 AM

Re: HARLEY BUBBLE ABOUT TO BURST?

If they don't want stock in companies that sell crap then I guess we'll be seeing GM, Ford and Microsoft tanking also, just for a start.

sarnali 01-16-2003 07:34 AM

Well that stinks, I hadn't heard of that one yet, my Bandit's got about 22k on it now, so I'm good for another year or two, I guess if that problem shows up I'll have to try 'n find a set of newer used stockers or something, so far my '01 has run like a champ, no smoke or jetting issues at all, it ran a little rough on the way to work this mourning, but it was 33 and thick fog, so the throats were probably icing up till the engine got warm.