Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #101
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Class Action Suit

Well, my 20 in a first year model. Now I'm working out the flaws. Maybe an older 40 might have had the flaws worked out.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #102
triumph900
Founding Member

You have all missed the MOST important group of A-holes on bikes: The Ones That Don't Agree With Me And Don't Ride What I Think Is Cool (or Best). Those damn guys are FA**OTS, J**KOF*S, COMMIE, PINKO, DISLOYAL, UNAMERICAN, LAZY, LEFTWING, WELFARE GRABBING, RACIST, RIGHTWING, CONSERVATIVE, LIBERAL, BASTARDS!!!!!!! RIGHT? RIGHT? RIGHT? RIGHT? If you don't agree.......................(Did I miss anyone?)
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #103
F451
Founding Member

For some inane reason American's (I being one raised and born) seem to opine to the fallacy of yesteryear and the all-but-tired "retro" rubbish. This is as inane as Harley having to going to Porsche to design the V-Rod, when we have more than enough brainpower and American resources to have surpassed what Porsche produced and then H-D slaps a label on saying it and All-American. Again, further rubbish. Why is the greatest country on earth so "retro"active when by all accords we should be proactive for once. I was speaking a Harley-Davidson employee at the CycleWorld show (he was very courteous and professional) and he asked me why I was no longer interested in H-D? My response, "I've seen the same bike lineup, with the exception of the V-Rod, for over ten years now massaged into in form or another...its tired and sagging."

Come on America wake-up and get with it! I'll accord H-D the credit it deserves when it earns it. If all you H-D fanatics still stand by your H-D, then I suggest you all go back to your "Happy Days" and dream of what was and never will be again. Wake-up for Pete's sake it's the 21st century!
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #104
TheBob
Founding Member

So as a high school teacher, you'd agree that the typical teenaged student ISN'T a victim of marketing?

I'm sure there are the exceptions, but so far I've only met under 35's riding HDs purely for the "I wanna be a bad a$$" motif. My neighbor is one, and after riding his girlfriend's sport bike, he feels a little ripped off.

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:59 PM   #105
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Corvettes

Your RIGHT Sean, according to the Edmunds.com web site the 350Z performance version is in fact 3 lbs heavier than the Corvette, Even more surprising given the larger engine and overall dimensions of the Corvette, Sadly, when you're as Idiotic as I am, you're focus has always been motorcycles
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:02 PM   #106
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default It must have said hello to Yamaha

If technology waved goodbye to H-D it certainly said hello to one of Yamaha's best selling bikes, the air-cooled pushrod v-twin Road Star, coming to a dealer near you in "anniversary" colors.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Thanks for the info

Exactly as I thought although one would expect the dealers to be up on this and have the alignment perfect during setup of the bike.

That's why I take mine to an independent mechanic who also happens to be my neighbor. Plus while my bike is down I can talk him into letting me borrow one of the rigid, stretch choppers that he builds.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #108
tumbler
Founding Member

My only point was there are plenty of people under 35 that want harleys. I have a 24 year old riding buddy who has a an old shovelhead (because that was the only Harley he could afford) who has had miss out riding on a couple of occassions because his bike is always haing something wrong with it. When we tease him about it he just says don't buy a Harley if you not willin' to work on it.

I totally agree with people of ANY age buying into the bad-ass motif, but KPaul is wrong about the under 35 crowd not buying Harleys in the future.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:42 PM   #109
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Sean, Here is my post verbatum:

"A guy who owns a Corvette talking about posers?"

Now, if you can in any way read that as saying "All Corvette owners are "poseurs", I guess I wasn't very clear, but I certainly thought I spoke to this guy alone. Now, are you saying there are no Corvette "poseurs", or just that you aren't one? I get confused easy.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:44 PM   #110
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, you will find KPaul wrong about just about everything.