Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 01-16-2003, 11:47 AM   #91
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: VFR Alternator?

It's usually not the alternator, it's the voltage regulator/rectifier that overheats and quits, it's a 5 minute job to fix, two bolts, one plug and $80 bucks later and your on your way, it's just the idea that you should have to put up with it in the first place. Honda has known about this for years and still no better unit comes along. Plan on $80 every 20k miles or so and your set.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2003, 12:06 PM   #92
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: I can almost hear the giggles from here!

You are correct, in that I do not post much here. I have spent 9 months on this site just hoping to get advance information regarding the latest motorcycle news and because I've always enjoyed Mr. Burns writing. I found this to be an interesting article to follow up on as anything that relates to legal issues regarding motorcycles is of interest to me due to the future effects it may have on the sport I love.

One of the observations I have made regarding posts is that many of them are made tongue-in-cheek as were the 2 I made. The friends I have who ride Harleys are well aware of their limitations and have other bikes to ride when they want to ride a different style of riding. They also are not defensive about their choice of cruisers and can take a joke. Unfortunately, when one subscribes too heavily to the "my bike is better than your bike" philosophy or better yet, "only real men ride Harleys" bull*****, the sense of humor seems to go by the wayside. And by the way, it's not just Harley riders who cop that attitude.

It's becoming much too widespread, just like the little whizzers you see in the back windows of pickup trucks.

In the future, if I choose to make a tongue-in-cheek post, I will be sure to add a smiley face so that hopefully you or anyone else will not take it too seriously.

motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:07 PM   #93
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Class Action Suit

Longride,

IÂ’ve owned TWO Corvettes, a 96 LT-4 6-Speed and a 98 LS1 6-Speed. Are you making the gratuitous assertion that ALL Corvette owners are "poseurs"? IÂ’ll gladly give the autocross trophies back, if youÂ’ll reimburse me for my tire costs.

Maximum Respect,

Sean
Old 01-16-2003, 12:17 PM   #94
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Corvettes

Don't fret KPaul. The Corvette has scored well in JDPower surveys ever since the C-5 redesign in 97 (ironic though because the 97s had LOTS of 1st year bugs) Anyway, I put over 50K miles on a 98 C-5 Corvette and 42K miles on a 99 Porsche 996 C2. The Corvette was stone reliable and the 911 though a fantastic car, took 6 trips to Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville FL and Rusnak Porsche in Westlake, CA for nickle and dime type crap (Radio knobs breaking (3 times), disintegrating linkage bushing, Seat belt sensor malfunction, misc other trim and electrical items.) I wonder how many of the Corvette bashers would ALSO say that a modern 911 isn't a world class car? Bottom line, modern Corvettes ARE WORLD CLASS. If anyone says otherwise, they are in direct disagreement with Corvette Owners, Racers, and the worldwide automotive press.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:21 PM   #95
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Of course the Corvette is LIGHTER than the 350Z. But you already knew that, RIGHT Sarnali? I'm not disrespecting the 350, it is a fantastic car, but to call a modern Corvette "overweight", is idiotic.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #96
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Class Action Suit

I'm a high school teacher and most of the students ask me why I don't ride a Harley and tell me that they want one some day.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:35 PM   #97
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: But Seriously Folks

LOL. Yep I'll borrow my brother-in-law's Sportster slip into town unnoticed. Oops better ditch the full-faced helmet too
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:44 PM   #98
triumph900
Founding Member

FYI - The CONSUMER rating on the 2003 Corvette is a 9.7 (out of 10). The rating for the 2002's is 9.2. Ratings by OWNERS (you can only hope they aren't lying), from Edmunds.com. For reference, the highest consumer rating for 2003 Hondas is 9.1.
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:44 PM   #99
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

So far my 67,000 corvette is treating me ok. I do have a few problems that the incompetent dealers can't deal with. But all in all, a great car.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 12:48 PM   #100
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

If you look at a 94 Nissa 300ZX and compare the Weight to my 94 Corvette automatic, you will see the Corvette is approx 200lbs lighter.

And my chest isn't that hairy and dangit, I can't pick up babes with it cuz I got married approx same time I bought the Vette!

Time is everything.

Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote