Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-27-2002, 03:02 AM   #61
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Well, it's not quite that easy.

Where ya alive Mandrake?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-27-2002, 03:14 AM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Time for Harley to invest in the next generation

First, everyone has bias. Second, I never said they misreported anything. Third, I said "I own ride and service Harley and other makes". Funny how you left the end off to fit your own agenda. Since you obvioulsly can't read correctly the rest doesn't need a response. That is what happens when you are wrong and run with it. To compare a new Harley to a Olds is just stupid, as was your whole point. Sorry, but it is. Feel bad Honda doesn't give a shyt about you? I guess I hit a nerve on that one. Yep, servicing Harleys can be good because they aren't filling up the junkyards like the old Wings. Yours will hit the yard LONG before my junk FL will. Funny how that works eh? How about ya just put 2 doors on yours and call it a Civic!
Old 07-27-2002, 05:30 AM   #63
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: longride has turned into the KPaulCook of Old!

longride

show me where I said you can't post? In fact, I even said you were right! What problem do you think I have, exactly? I never said you have/had a problem, show me where did I post that? What personal attack did I make against you? Where did I post that? I agree with you on a good many points you make. I only wished you wouldn't stoop to the low level of the guys you often reply to. If somebody writes "cruisers suck" or "Harley sucks" you don't HAVE to respond. Do as you will though. I do sometimes enjoy reading the trolling.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 05:40 AM   #64
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Re: Flattracking

Actually, I'm not wrong on every point! Fact of the matter is, I didn't "make many points", but you assumed I did. I didn't say the Honda factory raced, please re read. ("show me where I said "the HRC races flattrack", in fact, I said I didn't know if they did! A 'point' you missed). I did say Honda's are raced in flattrack (a 'point' you missed). The link was for anyone who wanted to see his bike, congrats on being so close to his bike, I guess that's cool.

I looked at the HD page and didn't see any flat track bike, maybe a link would help, as my crappy modem is too slow to peruse at depth. I still maintain that I have never seen one in a Harley store (the actual 'point' I made there that you missed, and I've been to many HD stores). Don't want a link to any AMA page, Flattracking is the nascar of motorcycle races.... YAWN. Oh, the Sportster 883 class is like the AHHRMA (or whatever it is), Harley only, right? Well, congrats to them on being champs. I can post whenever/wherever I like too, so get back to work, and get off my case.

luvmyvfr
Old 07-27-2002, 05:59 AM   #65
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Yeah, longride is a nice guy!

I knew it!

Hey, like I've said, I really enjoy riding cruisers. They're cool. For me, it's a totally different way to ride (duh). For example, on a sportbike, it's the execution of the ride that I crave and enjoy, the corners, the badness, the stopping power, the acceleration and speed; on a cruiser it is the thrum of the engine, the torque, the look, the shine, the badness (again!) and taking the time to look around and really soak up the scenery.

I'd go riding with you anytime, longride, I'd even be happy as a clam to trade off and ride one of your bikes. No matter the marque or style. I may not approve if you wear an open helmet, or a tee-shirt or whatever (not saying you do, just an example) and I might let you know I dont' approve, but not in a mean way, and only because I care.

luvmyvfr
Old 07-27-2002, 08:37 AM   #66
DucButt
Founding Member

You're right longride. I get tired of some sport riders bashing cruisers as well. Thanks for the response.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:33 AM   #67
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe you have a comprehension problem. I stated the FACT that the big four do not race in flattrack. You countered that Honda did. Then said you didn't know what you were talking about. On that point we can agree totally. So you posted to make no point? Your point was you were trying in vain to make me look wrong, and after being thrashed with facts, somehow proceed to tell me how you have flattracking and blah, blah, blah. I already told you what model HD makes as a flattrack replica. I'm sure you can find it. So, again you were wrong when you said they didn't make a model like that. If you want me to stay off your case, stick to moon shots, health care, and computers. You obviously know very little about motorcycles.
Old 07-28-2002, 05:22 PM   #68
grover750
Founding Member

Allright, I have to jump in on that one. I own a '78 wing and it's impossible to find parts for it at a junkyard. That is because, in the very, very rare occasion a junk yard gets their hands on one, it is picked over immediatly because there are so many old wings still on the road, getting incredible amounts of cheap (but not cool, some of us don't care about that) mileage put on them.

The reason there are so many old japenese bikes in the junkyard is because they are not worth anything. The reason they are not worth anything is supply and demand. Huge supply, low demand. Demand is ruled by marketing. Harley rules the roost when it comes to marketing. It's not quality that keeps bikes out of the junkyards, it's their worth, and everytime I see a '82 elecroglide in the paper for $11000, I know price has nothing to do with quality.

I bought my '78 wing in the fall of '00 with 69,000 miles on it for $950 dollars. I put about $500 into it (tires, brakes, dyna ignition, K&N, etc) and rode it from MN to Alaska and back. Through Arizona. I ran into hundreds of motorcyclists along the way, but not a single 1978 HD. Funny how that works, huh?

If you put two doors on a HD, what would you call it? Anyone?
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:49 PM   #69
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Dumb, dumb, dumb dumb DUMB! Is that how your theme song goes? I countered with nothing, didn't you get that? Talk about comprehension problems! Show me where I posted that Harley didn't make a flattrack model? I think if you look, you will find nothing of the sort in any of my comments, in fact, I'll save you the effort, I posted, "Does HD make a "dirttracker" that they should race one? I've been in HD stores, and never did find a dirttracker." So, to help with your reading comprehension, I'll analyze that for you. We have: 1. A question! 2. A statement that I have never seen a Harley flattracker in any of the HD stores I've been in! Maybe I'll leave you alone about motorcycles, 'cause you're obviously either never wrong (nobody is never wrong) or too arrogant to admit it. Since you have this wealth of knowledge, and are so inclined to share it, maybe you could be a sort of kind, supportive source of information, instead of being so condescending, and inflammatory. If you want to share a piece of cake with someone, serve it on a plate, don't tear a chunk out of the center of the cake with your bare hands and shove it in their face. P.S. I know more than you think about motorcycles, but again, you're to inflammed to read what I post clearly.

later,

luvmyvfr
Old 07-29-2002, 06:17 AM   #70
Huss
Founding Member

Doooood! C'mon! You know 95% of all Harleys made are still on the road. Yep, the other 5% made it home....

Yup, Honda does not gice a shyt about me, that's why they were so mean as to give me 105 rwhp, 109 rw torque, brakes that brake, a chassis that handles, suspension that, er, suspends and unbeatable comfort and reliability. Hold on, you're right I would prefer 5 forms and a slow, poor handling unreliable bike for, oops, $5K more!

Don't forget your tie-downs!
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote