Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 07-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default 2010 Harley-Davidson

Just did a quick check of the H-D site and the 2010 models are up. I'm sure the magazine embargo will be lifted shortly but here are the highlights:

The Road Glide is still with us as the Custom which means it's lowered I think. Not too happy about a lowered tourer.

The Fat Boy is back. Was it ever gone?

The Wide Glide is back.

Rocker is still with us.

The is now an Electra Glide Ultra LTD which includes a 103" motor instead of the 96."

The transmissions have a helical cut 5th gear to cut down on the gear whine that some have complained about. 6th already was helical.

Armchaps are now standard with each model.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Armchaps are now standard with each model.
Oh, that's a relief.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
newagetwotone
Registered Member

armchaps? what the flying fadoodle?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The Wide Glide looks pretty cool as ever though I don't care for 21 in wheels. That or the Crass Boons would be my pick. Or the XR1200....probably one of each actually.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
V2Rider
Premium Member

I'm suprised about the 2-1 exhaust on the RoadGlide and StreetGlide. If I were looking to replace my Kingpin it would be with a flamed Wide Glide.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
I'm suprised about the 2-1 exhaust on the RoadGlide and StreetGlide. If I were looking to replace my Kingpin it would be with a flamed Wide Glide.
That's the one alright. I like the exhaust but they should have ran it as a two into one like the original '77 Low Rider. I think that's the nicest looking pipe Harley has come up with

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That's the one alright. I like the exhaust but they should have ran it as a two into one like the original '77 Low Rider. I think that's the nicest looking pipe Harley has come up with
It had a really neat sound too, once you drilled it. I lucked into a brand new set of headers and muffler for my '77 about 5 years after I got it. It was very cool, but it only lasted about 8 years. The damn header pipes just started falling apart at the flanges and crossover, couldn't do much with them. I gave the parts to the Japanese guy who bought it to take home with him.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
schizuki
Founding Member

I checked out the Buell site as well. WTF is up with the Blast? Is this some kind of out-there, in-your-face, x-treme marketing gimmick? I don't get the logic of referring to one of your bikes as an "end table", "door stop" and "boat anchor". Even if some new, improved Blast is coming, it doesn't seem wise to dis the old one. Why would a customer not think that you'll be trashing the bike you're trying to sell him now in ten years?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
schizuki
Founding Member

Well, after watching the accompanying video, I'm certain Buell has lost their mind.

"Man, we really f'ed up building that boring POS. Sorry, suckers."

I've always thought the XB12R looked cool, and I'd get one if I made Buzglyd-level cash, but now I'm thinking that next year Buell might tell me what an agricultural lump it is.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizuki View Post
Well, after watching the accompanying video, I'm certain Buell has lost their mind.

"Man, we really f'ed up building that boring POS. Sorry, suckers."

I've always thought the XB12R looked cool, and I'd get one if I made Buzglyd-level cash, but now I'm thinking that next year Buell might tell me what an agricultural lump it is.
Apparently Eric Buell is now motorcycling's "Andy Warhol;" they are dropping the Blast from the model lineup because it makes them look like sissies, and the remaining stock is being smushed into blocks of scrap.

From the website:

The Buell® Blast was a cute little motorcycle. It just never made much of a sportbike. But, as luck would have it, it makes a killer ottoman. Or end table. Or art piece. Through an innovative process known as crushing, we’ve turned a limited number of Blasts into colorful metal cubes, each numbered and signed by Erik Buell himself. Hey, there’s no denying the Blast’s aforementioned cuteness. But there’s nothing cute about racing or riding a sportbike the way it was meant to be ridden

I'll sell Klazy Ken autographed cubes of scrap metal for 30% less than Buell. YOU KLAZY YOU MISS DIS SAVING MONEY BIG BIG!!!

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/blast/#

Last edited by Kenneth_Moore : 07-26-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote