Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 05-10-2002, 07:01 AM   #1
Grover
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary

As a non-Harley guy and a resident of Milwaukee I say to all of you, no matter what you ride, come check it out. The week long party that was the 95th reunion was perhaps one of the most exciting things I've ever experienced, topping my trip to watch the Packers beat the Pats in the Superbowl and a few days spent in Utah for the Olympics, call it lame if you like, but it's the truth. I can only imagine how amazing the 100th will be.

Work in the city more or less grinds to a halt and cars are all but obsolete because half the city streets have block parties that only allow bikes to pass through. Some things are classic harley party style (which I hate), but others are actually geared toward riders of other brands (there's a big vintage bike contingent around here) and non-riders alike.

Anyway, like I said, come check it out, especially if you're a non-harley guy, you might (that's a big might) just have a change of heart and I promise you'll have a hell of a time. And if all else fails, the kettles of western Wisconsin (some pretty damn fine twisties for the mid-west) are only an hour or two away.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2002, 07:05 AM   #2
whitetrashrobot
Founding Member

Tim McGraw, Journey and Hootie and the Blowfish are great music?

...shudder...

...shudder...

Pile of poop is all I gotta say...
whitetrashrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 07:19 AM   #3
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Amen to that. I would rather go to the dentist for a month than listen to that #^#@.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:06 AM   #4
PurpleF2
Founding Member

Not here in New Jersey!

After the last couple of Biker Gang incidents, the towns around Raceway Park (the scheduled location) want the town to pull the permits for the event.

PurpleF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 09:22 AM   #5
schipwreck
Founding Member

Thank you, Hell's Angels. Just lovely. Idiots.
schipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:44 AM   #6
12er
Founding Member

Yeah MCN was reporting several of the events being cancelled due to NV's outcome. Still it would be a side show extrardinare, anything from totally hot women to old bikers that shouldnt be seen or smelled in the light of day. Im picturing the mosh pit for journey, oh wait thats a gang fight... Still if it comes off as smoothly as the local county fairs (which around here arent all that smooth, shootings, stabbings, etc) I'd be amazed. Just remember wear your bulletproof chaps...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 12:16 PM   #7
motodude1
Founding Member

Gawd, I smell an approaching sh itstorm of PR hype coming on like a bunch of open-piped yuppies on hogs leaving the local Starbucks....all this to celebrate a motorcycle so dated (yeah even the V-Rod) that it makes most lawn tractors seem fast. Yaaaawwwwnnnnn.....
Old 05-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #8
onebadoldz
Founding Member

I know we all want to take our turns beating up on Harley, but let tham have their week long celebration, afterall 100 years in business is certainly a milestone these days. And to think of it, they're extremely profitable selling a bike with century-old technology. While not a Harley fan, hats off to them, and here's to another 100 years.
onebadoldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 01:51 PM   #9
sarnali
Founding Member

Do these people ever get tired of kissing their own asses? "impossible to put into words"? How about "cleverly scripted spontaneous celebration" or "midlife crisis village people dress up convention" Do they have free trailer parking, strategicaly located a mile or two down the road?, my god how tedious, Does the word discrete ever enter their collective minds?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 02:42 PM   #10
Mooner
Founding Member

Hey, I agree that those guys should be dragged off the stage by the Hell's Angels (I can almost hear the applause), but you can't knock Dylan! The guy is an icon.

-Andy
Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote