Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Harley-Davidson News

Old 04-17-2002, 04:13 PM   #41
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Poser has gone subscription!

Mine's black! But you are right on the Big Bike comment. The K12RS is huge when someone other than I am on it. Also the Stealerships are on the arrogant side until you spew out more stats about the bikes than they know. I think I may of made 3 sales while I was waiting in the showroom for my financing to come through. The sales guys jokingly offered me a job, or were they not joking? Hmmm... But now that Im "In the Club" so to speak all the dealerships mystically turned into the nicest places Ive ever delt with. Guess if your willing to shell out 20k for a bike they are willing to spit shine your backside for more.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #42
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Warranty Length

My 00 KLR 650 had a 3 year and unlimited, which it needed at 14k when the whole bottom end let go. My BMW has a 3 / 32k and I needed a new seat cover and throttle cable at the 6k service. The glue on the cover came undone and the throttle cable froze up. Now 10k miles more nothing else has shown its face. I have two more years before I have to worry about adding onto the warranty, which can be done at anytime. Though I think I'll hit the 32k mark long before the 3 years is up. Only put 15,000 miles on it this first year.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:14 PM   #43
TheFox
Founding Member

Default 1982-32 ring a bell?

VF750. 'Nuff said.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:22 PM   #44
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Step Right Up

Harley-Davidson is aware of this. I am guessing that they are is flipping out on how to lower that average age. There is a whole generation of kids being brought up on motocross bikes that are thinking of Harleys as lacking performance and being too expensive. In my opinion they have got to come up with something in the realm of a sportbike to bring the jkids in...and they have to price it reasonably.

That being said, I think the drawing that was seen recently seen in Cycle World (or maybe it was motorcyclist; I can't remember...all the print rags SUCK except for Bike [British mag]) is going to happen. I would love to own that bike. I think it might be worth 10k, but not any more.

I think Buell is going to get the shaft once Harley starts putting VRod engines in sportier bikes...if they work well, I don't think they will maintain the Buell line. Sad really.

--The Fox

Old 04-17-2002, 08:25 PM   #45
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Warranty Length

My Ducati comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, which I extended to 4 years/unlimited miles for only 400 bucks more.

--Foxy

Old 04-18-2002, 03:06 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: V-Rod Recall information

Harley offers a 3 year extended warranty for about 700 bucks. This would mean 4 years of coverage for your bike. If you think that is a ripoff here is the catch. If you don't use the warranty in the 4 years you get ALL your money back. Not too bad of a deal really.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:14 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The TwinCam88 doesn't have a bearing problem. The early 1999 model had a batch possibly bad cam bearings,which Harley had no idea the engine numbers they went in. So, instead of recalling 150,000 motorcycles for a few that went bad, and yes there were very few, Harley decided to tell owners that they would do a complete rebuild on the motor if the cam bearings went bad. This deal is good for the LIFETIME of the engine and not just the warranty. So, maybe instead of shooting your mouth off about something you know nothing about, why don't you ask Honda about the overheating problem on the new 1800 Goldwing that they refuse to recognize?
Old 04-18-2002, 03:18 AM   #48
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Not just Harley

I suppose you needed to post this nonsense twice to get the point across that you know NOTHING of which you speak. See my answer to your first post to get the TRUE story. If your spelling and grammar are any indication of your general intelligence, I would suggest strongly you stay away from motorcycles entirely, and not just Harleys.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:22 AM   #49
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

On the heels of the recall notice comes this dishearthing news for all the Harley haters:

Milwaukee, WI; (MCNW) Harley-Davidson, Inc. announced record revenue and earnings for its first quarter ended March 31, 2002. Revenue for the quarter was $927.8 million compared with $776.9 million in the year-ago quarter, a 19.4 percent increase. First quarter diluted earnings per share (EPS) were 39 cents, a 30.6 percent increase compared with last yearÂ’s 30 cents.

Bad news again eh?
Old 04-18-2002, 04:11 AM   #50
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: V-Rod Recall information - resale value

You said:

"I've only sold one bike in my life that I made money on "

You must be doing something wrong. I only lose money on my primary dirt bikes, and that's after at least 2 years of racing and heavy trail riding. Even then, the loss is minimal. I have owned over 150 motorcycles in the past 22 years, and made money on just about every one.