Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Harley-Davidson News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/)
-   -   Screamin' Eagle V-Rod hop-up (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/harley-davidson-news/1037-screamin-eagle-v-rod-hop-up.html)

95XV1100 02-02-2002 12:42 AM

Re: Screamin' Eagle V-Rod hop-up

Gotta ask. I have heard you can't buy the bike at full retail cost. What did you have to give for your bike if you don't mind. Clear up the rumors.

Thanks

vrodbart 02-02-2002 01:03 PM

Re: V-Rod is a lot of marketing hot air

Too bad you can't tape the dyno graph to your helmet so the V-Rod will know it can't run off and leave you on the Warrior. Otherwise, the V-Rod seems a little ignorant to the fact....

I dream of the day I pull up next to a Warrior and the guy tells me, "I'll race you, but remember the V-Rod is a lot of hype."

vrodbart 02-02-2002 01:08 PM

Shant,

Mine is supposed to be in this coming week (after a 7 month wait). I am having the larger windshield (the Super Sport) installed based on my experience with the small windshields. I previously owned a Road Star with the small windshield and although it kept the wind off your chest, it force-fed it into your face. If you always wear a full-face helmet it's not a problem.

However, the larger windshield for the V-Rod is still small by windshield standards but it looks great on the bike in person.

vrodbart 02-02-2002 01:13 PM

95XV1100,

I can't speak for Shant, but I am purchasing mine for MSRP ($16,995). I started calling dealers the morning after HD introduced the bike on the Internet and finally found one selling at MSRP. It's about a 120 miles from home, but well worth it. Most of the dealers around the DFW area are selling theirs anywhere from $24,000 to $28,000. I was very fortunate to find my dealer as I would not be buying the bike for the going rate around here. With the cost of the bike and the decent financing available from HD, I'm adding about $3,500 worth of accessories upon delivery of the bike.

Randy_Dixon 02-02-2002 04:10 PM

To 98Viffer,

I read your comment and my hat is off to you sir. I have to admit i am a big Harley (but love all motorcycles) and was glad to here honest comments like yours. The sad thing about Harley's new design is that some of the old Harley riders do not even give Harley credit. One of my bikes is a Buell, these same old riders don't even like these.

Oh well, the hell with those guys. It is nice to know that there are intelligent riders out there like yourself.

Thanks,

Randy

PS, Your right about the dealers raping there customers.

Randy_Dixon 02-02-2002 04:15 PM

I don't know about screwing the V-rod, but I would love to try the Firebolt myself. I have a 2000 Buell (love it ), but the Firebolt is a big improvement.

anrajala 02-05-2002 05:52 AM

>I dream of the day I pull up next to a Warrior

>and the guy tells me, "I'll race you,

Oh yeah baby. The Warrior guy is likely to tell you "I´ll cruise you". Because, unlike V-Rod, the Warrior is a cruiser. Low grunt.

If we talk about high rev engines, why don´t you dream of a day when you pull next to a V-Max and the guy says he´ll race you.

Well, you are not dreaming about that too much obviously. Because you know he´ll wax your ass with a machine that was designed 15 yrs ago. Has more power, torque and is lighter. Good dreams, vrodbart.

cruiz-euro

vrodbart 02-11-2002 03:42 PM

cruiz-euro,

Since the subject was not dealing with the V-Max, then the dream sounds like it's yours. As long as you are dreaming, dream about me waxing YOUR V-Max ass on the R1. Yea, I know, that's a short-lived dream.

Sleep tight...

mvf4s 02-16-2002 02:36 AM

I am paying MSRP + setup $17,360 total. I also put down deposit the day after the dealer show. I tried to order earlier but they would not take order until after the show. My bike is coming in this week. Some dealers around are asking 24-26,000.

smokeyblu 07-11-2002 01:29 PM

Re: Forbes, a girl, and the V-Rod....

Lucky, lucky man.