Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 04-25-2001, 06:07 PM   #11
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Re: Borile B500CR Feedback

Looks like fun! I'd love to blast around town on that, terrorizing the fuddy-duddy Seattle populace with fun hooligan antics. It would be a nice addition to my SV.

And congrats to an imaginative designer willing to turn out a fresh take on what he considers to be the epitome of biking. I like it, especially because he had the guts to build up his own engine instead of just using an off the shelf engine.

But one big question: Why is Italy blessed with so many incredible bike companies producing every type of bike imaginable and the USA is stuck with Harley? Something must be done!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2001, 09:13 PM   #12
tal4321
Founding Member

just for all you guys information here... the engine is a baught one, the guy who's riding this bike is not from Mo, he is an israeli journalist who just lives in itali, and the engine won't be like the xr600, the engine is not a normal engine, it has a different kind of fuel that it is using. this engine is usually used for play bikes, and is not old, it's not water cooled, abut it is very modern, the insides that is, kinda looks like a desmo from the inside.... as for the guy who made that bike, he just loves classic bkes like this, and he is going to make 50 of those for the next week. now you've got your information about this bike...

tal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 10:29 PM   #13
aj_farris
Founding Member

Suggestion...

WRITE your own article, submit said article, maybe, just, maybe, you might get somebody interested.

So far, no luck dude!
aj_farris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 11:13 PM   #14
MattTinSF
Founding Member

Cool article; I love bikes like this -- kind of a Duke on a diet.

But what did the letter from Honda say (about the bike he designed in the '80s)? It was cut off in my browser.

MattTinSF

MattTinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 03:46 AM   #15
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

ditto, it made no sense.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 04:12 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

Hey, I've got one of those.

Actually, it's my much modified 79 Yamaha SR500. I'm sure it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the Borile, and almost as much fun.

Pete P.
Old 04-26-2001, 05:06 AM   #17
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Ditto for me. GSXR1000's are cool but a 55hp couple hundred pound bike with stickey tires would be quite the hoot!
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 05:29 AM   #18
Sparky
Founding Member

It's way cool for anyone to build there own bike! And this one looks fun. But to compare Borile's endeavours with those of John Britten's is almost sacreligious! Britten developed a suspension that neither Japan, italy or germany had even thought of. And why didn't anybody else figure out that by simply mounting the radiator under the seat you would benefit greatly from maximized pressure drop. (I've seen some copy cat versions of this recently but Brittens was the first) How many 100s of millions of $$$ do you think the big companies spend to come up with the latest technology. I've read that BMW invested $100M just to develop the cam-in-head RS series engine alone. Few know that John Britten was a functional illiterate and genious at the same time. I would venture to say that Honda (for instance) would probably have to spend several hundred million $$$ to do what John Britten did.

His death was a tremendous loss to the motorcycle world and perhaps noone else will ever have the vision he did.

Rock on!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 05:42 AM   #19
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

I remember, as a kid growing up in the '70's, thinking that the two coolest human beings on the planet were Evel Knievel and Bruce Lee. To me, the Borille is as cool as Bruce Lee riding Evel Knievel's bike. I'd love one. (Nevertheless, those loopy side tubes are extremely strange.)
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 06:00 AM   #20
Fallen
Founding Member

It said Honda was interested in the design but you couldn't read that because the HTML was sloppy. Note to MO you need TWO brackets on your </table (sic) tag.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote