Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 07-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #11
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: The Acabion Streamliner

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the investment train for a company that has typos in their investment pages:

<blockquote>First driving experiances in our streamliners we gathered with Version 2 from Summer 2003 onwards.</blockquote>

Nevermind that Tarzan also had slightly better syntax.

Finally, what's with using code-names that exactly mimic the lockheed contract for protoyping re-useable space launch vehicles?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2005, 05:15 AM   #12
Haird
Founding Member

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read about it in MCN. I kept asking myself how much I might be willing to pay for this as I read the article, thinking maybe it's $40-50,000, and just about choked when I got to the half-million Euro price. Maybe I'll settle for a 'busa powered Texas ceegar replica. Or wait for the Chinese knock off.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:26 AM   #13
Tenspace
Founding Member

Looks to me that all those pictures are Photoshopped. Has anyone seen a real one of these cruising at 200mph+?
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:29 AM   #14
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Crazy People Are Important Too!

I'm glad there are crazy people like this in the world. Every now and then one of them proves to be a genius as well as insane and we get useful technological leaps from them.

At age 12 I was convinced I could convert a derelict cement mixing hopper into an amphibious car (pedal powered, since I didn't have a license). I wound up with a decent go-cart as an evolution of the same project, but without my cement hopper.

I do think he needs to double check his power calculations and throw in some aerodymanic resistance this time.

Go crazy guy go!!!
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:38 AM   #15
pdad13
Founding Member

This is just another answer to a question that no one asked.

(Although, that's okay if they come up with something really cool)

Basically, it's a foot-forward motorcycle like the Alligator or the Quasar, albeit an extremely high-speed one. But what good is 280 mph "motorcycle" to just about everyone? I know, it's a design excercise and mainstream production vehicles wouldn't need as much power. But then, what's really the point? Motorcyclists aren't likely to warm to this thing and dedicated cagers wouldn't dare switch to two wheels--too scary.

And a lowside looks like it would be very, very expensive.

Hey, for those that didn't know, I'm pretty sure that the "training wheels" automatically retract when the vehicle gets to a speed where it can balance on two wheels. They re-deploy when the vehicle slows to almost a stop. Either that, or they'll have to use the Flintstone method. I've seen another design that is very much like this one with the retracting wheels.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:04 AM   #16
biketouring
Registered Member

Pretty, fast, and nicely streamlined, but really just another "foot forward" or "feet forward" motorcycle.

Bikelinks Foot Forward

Check out the Swiss built, BMW powered, Peraves ECO MOBILE.

Some folks might note that some "cruisers" and many scooters are "FF motorcycles", too. Helix, anyone?

Some "cruisers" and many scooters are FF Motorcycles, too. Helix anyone?

biketouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #17
biketouring
Registered Member

Pretty, fast, and nicely streamlined, but really just another "foot forward" or "feet forward" motorcycle.

Bikelinks Foot Forward

Check out the Swiss built, BMW powered, Peraves ECO MOBILE.

Some "cruisers" and many scooters are FF Motorcycles, too. Helix anyone?

biketouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:48 AM   #18
tomk2
Founding Member

Most great ideas come from crazy people and dreamers...

though often it's someone else that does the practical engineering to turn that dream into something useful.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 AM   #19
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

My thoughts exactly - Leptoprin for motogluttons.

-martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #20
pudlepirate
Registered Member

just what I was thinkin, and photoshopped poorly @ that, the concept has merit in that the only two factors in top speed are drg coeficient and horsepower, but a 1000 meter .68mile speed of 248 mph when a top fuel dragster is doing 3 and change in less than half the distance leaves something to be desired
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote