Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 06-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #21
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Pedestrian Versus VFR

My wife is the same way.. While were living in Colorado she once went all the way to Denver from Vail Pass driving in the left lane at the speed limit. She is a Washington state native and explained she did it all the time in Seattle. I have the right to drive this way. So what if there are signs saying slow traffic keep right (especially along I-70 where there are very steep grades). A guy diving a Porche comes up behind us and flashes his brights. I told her she should move over as a courtesy. She instead flipped him off. As he passed on the right he gave me a dirty look I shrugged my shoulder, instantly he understood smiled and waved... She said what was that all about. I said "It's a guy thing"...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #22
mile_eater
Founding Member

I cain't lie... that hat you had on... pulled way down... and those huge sunglasses... fake beard... pretty much rendered the video worthless for blackmail...

Don't think I won't try again though...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 AM   #23
SRMark
Founding Member

I suddenly flashed back to Sidney Poitier singing "Amen" from the movie Lillies of the Valley.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #24
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Amen, Brother. Couple weeks ago, my wife and I were driving in our neighborhood. We are approaching a stop sign, and a young man on a bicycle is attempting to cross the street in front of us. Now, one could argue that the man was breaking a law by riding his bicycle in the crosswalk, but that fact is not really germane to the story. Were it not for my screaming, my wife would have run the stop sign and collided forcefully with the bicycle, which she did not see. She apologized to the cyclist by yelling out the window, "You were in my blind spot." This "blind spot" somehow existed in front of the car, as opposed to its usual location behind the driver. Like you, I am shocked and amazed that my wife has lived this long.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #25
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The same thing happened to me, but in my case it was a 70+ year old grandma on roller skates (Venice beach).

Didn't know they had cuss words like that before electricity.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:20 AM   #26
Fenton
Founding Member

At least the zip lock bag will keep them fresh if they ever need to use them again.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #27
yoavy11
Founding Member

If what you're saying is true, then I can't believe you don't have the sense (balls?), to explain to your wife that what she is doing is wrong and against the law (left lane is for passing only).

I mean, the rest of the comments show what a bad sense for driving women have. But your wife's driving characteristics are plain stupid and annoying and it's your responsibility as someone who definitely knows better, to correct her.

I've been continually teaching my wife how to drive for years now and she accept my remarks with understanding because she knows that I know what I'm talking about and that my remarks actually help her be a better driver.

yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #28
DBrochu
Founding Member

That is a great story!

We all know that lady!

Thanks for the laugh.
DBrochu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Take my wife, please.

You guys can expect a visit from the Thought Police soon.

Knock, knock...
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

You are posting to us from a deep dark hole in the closet under that display of whip and chains, aren't you.