Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 01-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #21
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Re: The Great Biker Build-Off : Billy Lane vs. Dave Perewitz

Man, that's great.

The show's already way off course anyway. You can tell it's a show now, not a documentary like the first two specials.

And has anyone noticed Paulie's driving a Prowler now, just like Paul Yaffe? I guess he has an image to uphold ...
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 10:51 AM   #22
ekimtoor
Founding Member

...choppers are dumb, but the people building them certainly are entertaining!
ekimtoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #23
Neal
Founding Member

I would recommend the following change to your post........." in my opinion,choppers are dumb.."
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #24
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Copyright that one

Actually a streetfighter shoot out would be cool. not just paint and welds but additional performance requirements on top.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #25
Neal
Founding Member

you've got to remember,this is basically a "People's choice" contest. In real bike shows the peoples Choice winner is almost never the overall winner as chosen by "experts". The average Joe is not usually looking at reliability and rideability but is more concerned with outrageous looks. For what it worth,I would have voted for Lane's bike too;but if I was laying out 50 large for a custom,I would go with Perewitz. Of course if I had that kinda bucks ,Id buy a Guzzi,a KTM and build a couple more vintage race bikes,so what do I know.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:40 AM   #26
PGAWest
Founding Member

I have to agree with you. I fail to see how a completely unfunctional bike can have any appeal whatsoever - cruiser or sportbike.
PGAWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
ulhpilot
Registered Member

Default Re: The Great Biker Build-Off : Billy Lane vs. Dave Perewitz vs. OCC

How would you like a size 12 up your a**? Just kidding. I watch the show for the interaction between the main characters, not because I dream about a $50K bike to go up and down the road 30 MPH. You are right about the vendors doing most of the work and OCC doing the assembly. But hey, this is the USA and if someone wants to pay for that kind of putt, who am I to say anything. And you can't deny that they come up with some wild ideas.
ulhpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #28
KPaulCook
Banned

Yep I agree with you Dave Perewitz's bike was much better. But Lane had the attitude it seemed. i.e. popularity contest.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:37 PM   #29
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default EX-2Fitty

I'm 26 and have only been riding for about 9 months and have an EX-250. I look forward to getting a bike with a bit more go, but for now I would have to say the EX-250 is one of the best values in motorcycling. It's a pissed off little presa canario. With upgraded suspension and a few more horsepower (I would have no idea how to get more out of that little bitty betty of an engine) it may be one of the more fun bikes to ride (of course I haven't ridden a ton of other bikes, a couple CBRs an SV and a bigger Ninja). It's just sooo easy to turn and it's amazingly light.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:02 PM   #30
BykerGeek
Founding Member

The problem is that the average NASCAR dad American audience member has no interest in sportbikes like you and I do. Advertisers see very little in sportbikes outside the male 18-25 crowd. Therefore, no advertisers will buy into it and it doesn't happen.

Joe Average (read not all) sportbike owner has little disposable income.

Joe Average (again, not all) Harley/Chopper owner has plenty of disposable income.

Unfortunately, we are in the very small minority here and it sucks.
BykerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote