Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 07-08-2003, 03:48 AM   #21
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Timmy Topsides, Part Deux

Does Rod Weatherwax still operate a dog training facility in California? Timmy could use Lassie about now. Please go out and cover all the open wells in your area.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2003, 03:51 AM   #22
SRMark
Founding Member

Sorry, that is Rudd Weatherwax. My memory is fading.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:06 AM   #23
ducatirdr
Founding Member

What was Timmy wearing and how did it hold up?

Maybe we have a equipment tester in the make.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:27 AM   #24
Tri2Fly
Registered Member

Already I'm looking out for cars and trucks cutting me off, shortstopping, cell-talk weaving, coffee-dumping and gun-loading. Now I have to add a new peril to my commute: An SV with a Kansas plate wobbling and snorting up the imaginary lane of the freeway. The burden of my vigilance grows heavier yet.

Timmy, sorry for the bad luck, bud. And bad luck is all it is. Everybody has to learn the rhythm when they get out here, and until they do, they're living on grace. If you learn to ride it like you write it, you'll catch up.

In the meantime, get in touch with the Discovery Channel. Relate your experiences so far to pitch DC a show where a couple of cameras follow you around, interning, left-turning, gaining competence on the slabs and in the canyons, taking crap on Internet boards. Is sounds at LEAST as good as AMERICAN CHOPPER!

Buena suerte, amigo!
Tri2Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:28 AM   #25
giuliom
Registered Member

I agree with Try2fly. It's bad luck, mostly. However, you might be see someone splitting lanes at ungodly speeds here in LA and think that that's the way it's done, but chances are that person has done it for a long time, and has gotten used to rule number 1 of lane splitting: you MUST look way ahead to catch idiots beginning to do things that might result in a crash for you. Go slowly, especially at first! It's not so bad here, really, but you do have to ride like everyone is out to kill you (and everyone is, trust me). For example, for many LA drivers, a yellow light means: "Floor it", even from half a block away. I have been riding here for a while and I have never had a traffic accident in LA. PLenty of sphincter-clenching moments, but never down.

Hope your luck changes...
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:57 AM   #26
hardys
Founding Member

Default Re: In defense of Dorothy

I second that. No new schtick needed, just plain video will do.
hardys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:43 AM   #27
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I second that. Good luck Timmy!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #28
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Timmy goes splat again, and you know you have too!

Get Timmy a sidecar! That way he won't be lane splitting anymore and if he locks up the front brake, again, it won't really matter!

Of course all the smart asses that are posting have never done anything stupid causing themselves to go splat, now have they. If anyone knows any of the above folks, PLEASE relate how they did when they first rode in the big city. That should make a good read!

BigJames, who in 34 years of riding, has crashed before and will again (and if you think you won't, just stay away from me 'cause when it happens it will be ugly!)
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #29
KPaulCook
Banned

Hey anytime you want to compare MSF scores let me know
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Compare MSF scores??? BAAAAHAHAAHAAA. Boy, if you hang around long enough you hear just about every joke out there. Gotta give it to KPaul, he can really come up with em.