Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 11-23-2002, 12:03 PM   #131
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Another reason why I shouldn't renew my membership.

By the way, my e-mail address is in my profile. Any bet you want to make on paychecks I can match easy. Now we can see who is talking out their a$$. time to put up or shut up Mr. Engineer. I am ready anytime you are.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2002, 12:07 PM   #132
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Check these out Shaun!

If your buddy can't do better than a 12.5 with 500 hp, then something is wring. By the way, That 70 Chevelle had 500 hp right out the door, so how optimistic is it now? My bro's 442 ran 11.56 with 500 hp. I can post his dyno sheet and strip ticket. By the way, what is being made today for 25,000 that can run a 12.5?
Old 11-23-2002, 12:09 PM   #133
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: KPaulCook vs Longride in Pay-per-view cage match

1. The only way I would be around that idiot is if I WAS in a cage.

2. There wouldn't be 2 of us in there very long.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #134
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: That Sounds Like Utah

>>I don't miss L.A. and its stinking freeways one little bit.<<

Can't say that I blame you there! I lived there as a child in the 50s and have been there often on business -- including a 6-month extended stay a couple of years ago (enough to convince me NOT to ever consider moving there). I think the LA basin would be a great place if it were supporting maybe 500,000 people rather than the umpteen million who actually live (of you can use that word) there. Atmospheric conditions, lack of water, and the physical layout are just not suited to supporting such a large population.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #135
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Be Careful....

So is it the media or the government? Or both? I still don't understand why they have not been outlawed. Could it be that the media also has some common sense? You say they have not gone after quads "yet". I never knew there was a delay involved in the slippery slope. When can we expect the slide to continue?

When suv supporters ask why they are being singled out when there are other forms of pollution, they are exposing a serious lack of brainpower. "Why are you mad at me in my expedition, look at that semi over there, he only gets 3mpg! And what about that power plant? Or that barge? " They both pollute WAY more than I do. We would be going after semis, barges, and power plants if people were using them for a job that a car could do. SUVs are used to get the same job done as cars. They just do it incredibly inefficently. (I hope I don't have to explain to you why wasting gas is bad.)

I agree with you that pickups should get more criticism. They are also rarely used for their intended purpose, but are used for their intended purpose much more often than SUVs. I suppose I should let you know that I own a pickup. It's an '86 Toyota 2WD 4-cylinder (with 160k) , it gets 26 mpg, I put about 5k miles per year hauling around my dirtbike, leaves, picking up appliances, etc, and lending it out to all my friends and relatives.

The SUV backlash is not driven by the media, and I am not a lemming. SUV owners are the lemmings, just of the auto industry, not the media.

Lemming: "Hi, I need a new vehicle. I saw an ad the other day where this SUV drove on a gravel road in the mountains. That sure was impressive. I need something with a decent amount of cargo space, since my kid plays hockey. And I want something that is good in the snow. Whattya got?"

Car salesman: "Oh, you plan on hauling around your son's hockey gear? It sure does snow around here, so you need four wheel drive, since it is more important to be able to accellerate on bad roads than it is to stop or turn. Plus, it is impossible to avoid accidents, so you might as well drive something that will kill the other people, not you. You look like the outdoorsy, adventrous type. I can see you in an SUV. We have this one that is based on a $15,000 pickup, but we put seats where the bed used to be, which cost the factory $1000 extra. It can be yours for only $26,000!"
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #136
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Grammar check

Grow up. It's a motorcycle forum, not a grammar forum.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:15 PM   #137
VFRider
Founding Member

Let me guess Abe. You're a lawyer right?
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:33 PM   #138
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Check these out Shaun!

Hmmm, I always considered myself to be adept at driving tanks. I spent some time in an M1A1 in the Army and I can assure you it had well over 500 HP and couldn't break 20 secs in the 1/4. The primary factors in determining accelleration (quickness) are: Power, Weight and Traction. 500 H.P. in a 4,000 LB car will NOT get you from a standstill through 1320' in under 13 secs. Your brother's Olds was OBVIOUSLY highly modified. Stock, that 7.4 litre 1970 Chevelle didn't put anything near 500 HP to the ground. I can only assume that you are looking at an old Chevy brochure, quoting MFG's GROSS horsepower, measured at the flywheel.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:40 PM   #139
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Grammar check

KPaul,

I know that you've noticed the volume of anti KPaul sentiment that is posted on this site. Posts like this one are the epitomy of what makes KPaulCook so damned annoying. Please stop. I know you are capable of better and I know you are not the only one acting childish, but you ARE the one carpet bombing the message boards with crap like this.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:53 PM   #140
grover750
Founding Member

Nope, engineer.