Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Godzilla

Old 11-15-2000, 04:12 PM   #1
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Proficient Motorcycling Reader Feedback

Just remember that the obstacles (cages) ARE moving, though barely... and they do it unpredictably.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2000, 07:21 PM   #2
Haga
Founding Member

I think the special interest group he and I belong to is "Motorcyclist." Perhaps you've heard of it. As for the rest of the politi-crap, we all know California is as liberal as they get and they continually screw us on restrictions(us being the entire country- think not? Check out the catalytic converter on your car). Furthermore, if you've followed MO halfway closely over the past few months you've noticed more than one Democratic land-grab which has taken away riding areas or restricted what can be done with future riding areas. I say that we, the motorcycling community, need to start speaking out before we're all riding Aprilia scooters on the tracks(not that there's anything wrong with that).
Haga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 09:46 PM   #3
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Scare pop'n! Far gone vittles, man!

It makes perfect sense! Not gone for hate, but all squirrley with love!

****head f*&^%wit, all! Not far, not fat, not ball with South Moorpark boulevard! I like ALL cheeses, dig?

As far as "cottoning" goes, well, we all prefer the poly blends. But not you! Cager? Cager? I'll not swim in that blue lake, Swami!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2000, 09:54 PM   #4
Gabe
Registered Member

Default W's reply...

My opponent is illegitamted the fax, here. It's all about our basical differences in philosphizing.

If my daddy's cronies can pin down Florida for me, I will make sure every motorcyclist has enough crude oil from my personal stash of crude. Please measure it ack-er-itley.You can ride all over whatever you want, 'cuz Daddy an' Uncle **** said I should say that.

They say I'll be the cheif ex-ecutive, but shoot! I already ex-ecuted lots of people! I hope I can ex-ecute lots more!

Old 11-16-2000, 07:19 AM   #5
bobdog
Founding Member

Default style vs. substance

Proficient Motorcycling may not be a worthy addition to every motorcyclist's library, but is probably suitable for most. In the review, I find it interesting that the ability to pull wheelies, stoppies, etc. are set out as a sort of standard of how good a rider is. It's pretty well known that the flashy stuff like that, whether it's in the street or the dirt, doesnt not necessarily equate to how good, i.e. fast a rider is. Of course, pulling wheelies and stoppies and burnouts is hella fun, so I'm all for them, but a steady, proficient rider, especially in the real world, wins in the race between style and substance.
bobdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 07:19 AM   #6
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re: W's reply...

Gosh'n'golly, y'all NEVER can ex-e-cayute them fas' enough!
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 07:40 AM   #7
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Re: style vs. substance

Although I agree with what you said, (impressive)stoppieing, wheelieing, and burning-out are hard to do because they require a good understanding of clutch, throttle, and brake control.

I think every rider should practice stoppies just to find the limits of your front brakes- most riders are scared of using them too hard, which has saved me at least once on the street.

Old 11-16-2000, 07:44 AM   #8
FidHawser
Founding Member

Not having read the book...YET...but judging by your review, it seems like a good bet. Anything that makes a rider take a second look at his skills can only be good. I hope there is a lot of incentive in the text to encourage keeping HIGH performance riding off the street. BTW, from many other responses, it's easy to see why they're anonymous.
FidHawser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 08:13 AM   #9
wingdave
Founding Member

Sounds like a good read.

Even after riding for 14 years, there is always something to be learned, and anyone who thinks they know all shoud be so lucky as to not cause/be in an accident. I'll be picking this book up for my little brother, who's new to riding (seca), and borrowing it when he's done.

As for these boards always degrading into name calling.. wow.. I'm impressed with the "anon. squids" who haven't registered, but post their backwards assed opinions anyway. My name is Dave.

I live in Salt Lake City. Politics and motorcycle safety books go together like ducati riders and lynyrd skynyrd.
wingdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2000, 10:27 AM   #10
ScooterBoy
Founding Member

I hear you loud and clear!
ScooterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote