Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Gear For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/gear-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Your opinion about a cellular alarm system for motorcycles (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/gear-for-sale-wanted/9268-your-opinion-about-cellular-alarm-system-for-motorcycles.html)

yanivki 08-18-2008 03:44 PM

Your opinion about a cellular alarm system for motorcycles

Hi Guys,

My name is Yaniv and I'm a 35 years old software engineer from Israel.
I also ride a '04 Yamaha R1 and love every moment riding it (Sorry I don't ride a Kawasaki ZX ) . just installed a pair of Termignony and suppose to get the power commander tomorrow :)

So what the hell am I doing here? well ... since this is a motorcycle related issue I've figured out I can raise this question:
From reading motorcycles magazines and from reading this and other forums I can see that many guys park their bikes outside the streets and also that motorcycles theft is quite common like in Israel.

IF possible - I would like to hear your true and honest opinion about this Invnention:
which suppose to alert you every time someone touches
Your baby and enables you to call and listen the bike's area with no one to know that.
I just want to hear your feedback: what is wrong, what is good , what do you think should be improved, will this be relevant for your area at all ? etc' ....

This is me btw:

Thanks,
Yaniv

sachiwilson 08-18-2008 04:13 PM

Well, first off, your post is a stupid way to advertise your product. We typically don't respond well to this sort of thing.

BrowningBAR 08-18-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 191627)
Well, first off, your post is a stupid way to advertise your product. We typically don't respond well to this sort of thing.

And it was posted in the wrong area, originally.

seruzawa 08-18-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 191627)

It's amazing just how many times we've seen this exact "unique" marketing method. Is this what Klazy Ken teaches at his seminars?

Better to just be up front and say, "I've got this great product for sale. Here are the details:"

Kenneth_Moore 08-18-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 191630)
It's amazing just how many times we've seen this exact "unique" marketing method. Is this what Klazy Ken teaches at his seminars?
:"

You off Klazy Ken guest "A" list for that remark! You stupid!

Seriously, what does this do that the pager alarm systems that are already out there don't do? Didn't see a price, but it'd have to be pretty cheap to compete with them.

Besides, if you're going to spend the bucks these days, either a GPS tracker or LoJack are the only thing that makes sense to me. By the time you make it out of the bar to the parking lot, the truck with your bike in the back is already gone. It takes less time to load the bike and roll than it does for me to type this sentence.

KITTY12345 08-20-2008 05:27 PM

Its amazing but thats not new they also invent that same tecnology for cars too but it didnt work that much, its a good aidea for bikes too in fact its better because it can be easier for some one to tell when yo are getting you bike steal.

kitty