Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Gear For Sale / Wanted (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/gear-for-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted: Crakshaft assy. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/gear-for-sale-wanted/17494-wanted-crakshaft-assy.html)

mscuddy 01-25-2011 05:03 PM

Wanted: Crakshaft assy.

For 45 cu.in. flathead G series Servi Car motor.

sarnali2 01-25-2011 07:10 PM

If you can find a set of flywheels there's probably someone with NOS or re-pop crankpins out there. They made a bazzillion of those motors over the centuries.....

pushrod 01-26-2011 06:31 AM

Matt,

You might want to hit up one of the city offices that used Servi-Cars, and see if you can visit or at least talk to one of the old mechanics.

I'd guess there are still metermaid parts lying around in the back of those shops.

Otherwise, as Snarli said, they made several of them over the years. I think Accurate Engineering in Alabama is making 'modernized' 45's now.

Oops. Just checked. They make engines only back to the Knucklehead.

Custom Engines

Morbo the Destroyer 01-26-2011 06:41 AM

Matt,

Send me a 3D CadCam map, and I'll cut you one out of billet on my CNC machine. I've got a chunk of 420 stainless that should do the trick!

KM

pushrod 01-26-2011 08:07 AM

Just a quick surf found this reference.

How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson ... - Google Books

Look at pages starting around 150.

mscuddy 01-26-2011 05:47 PM

I went to the City Garage downtown and all they had was Honda three wheeler meter maid parts, based on the CX500 motor.

The guy laughed when I asked if they had any Servi Car parts, said "you and about 100,000 other people come here and ask the same thing, they are long gone..."

I'm thinking that this motor would be better hollowed out made into a nice lamp. I can screw the lightbulbs in the exhaust ports.

Oh well...expensive unobtainium.

pushrod 01-26-2011 07:13 PM

I dunno...

That reference I linked seems to indicate the crankpin and flywheels are rather common. 'Course, I don't know which casting you have.

And by 'common,' I'm not sure, but I think the Knuck's may have used the same bits.

So there should be some out there.

The_AirHawk 01-26-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 255016)
I dunno...

That reference I linked seems to indicate the crankpin and flywheels are rather common. 'Course, I don't know which casting you have.

And by 'common,' I'm not sure, but I think the Knuck's may have used the same bits.

So there should be some out there.

While I don't pretend to be any kind of "ex-spurt" on HD engines, I seem to recall a friend who mentioned once to me that the 45 and 74 used essentially the same bottom-end, with the exception of stroke. Mem'ry here - worth only the price of admission.

junker73hd 01-27-2011 08:41 AM

I can put together the entire rotating assembly for $200-$300...Price varies with the amount of new or serviceable parts used.I ship the pair of wheels with crankpin,etc in a large flat rate box and the rods in a seperate package to cut shipping expenses.I can have a set on the way to you by Tuesday...possibly Monday if necessary.Send me an E at junker73hd@yahoo.com if interested.I will be offline in a couple of hours until later tonight.But I can always be reached by cell at (469)474-1224 anytime,anyday.Thanks,Junker.

mscuddy 01-27-2011 09:37 AM

Thanks Junker, when I split the cases this weekend I'll decide if it's worth the effort and let you know.