Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Gear For Sale / Wanted

Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

If you know your size (and they have charts as well as user reviews) buy online. You can get free shipping and skip the tax as well.

As for riding in the rain, make sure you've got good tires and brake pads. Get EBC sintered pads for your Ninja 250 and something other than the stock tires. Check Ninja250 Riders Club :: Index for recommendations.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
bluesinorbit
Registered Member

I ended up going to a local Cycle Gear and picked up a Frank Thomas Predator textile jacket for $80, gloves with carbon fiber knuckles, a pair of high boots. The help my girlfriend and I got was outstanding. I know I could've looked around online after trying on a few jackets, but the guys and gals there really took care of us answering all our questions and sharing their experiences.

I actually just finished my MSF course today. The rain came as soon as the field exercises began and only got worse for the next five hours, the last two of which we all spent shivering in numbness. After the test was administered, we were waiting around for results, and I was just smiling. It was hard five hours, but everyone got through it, and I couldn't help but feel that riding will be something very special in my life. We all passed and within two weeks, we should be able to go to the DMV and pick up a motorcycle license. Thanks for all your input. I will most certainly be around to bug y'all with other questions. Cheers and happy new year.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
mugwump58
Registered Member

This time of year newenough.com has all kinds of close outs.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #14
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Congrats and HNY to you, too.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote