Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Classifieds > Gear For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
wireyourworld
Registered Member

Default FS - Vintage HiPoint enclosed fiberglass trailer $3600 OBO- West Palm Beach FL

This is a HiPoint enclosed fiberglass motorcycle trailer, year unknown (80's- 90's) cost new $6186. I have owned it less than six months to haul my craft show display (not included), but my tow vehicle bit the dust and I decided to get a van and pass the trailer on to a motorcycle enthusiast who could appreciate the vintage trailer and get the most use out of it. I pulled it easily with a 1994 Crown Victoria with a Class 3 hitch installed by Uhaul on my car. This trailer was also previously used for years by another crafter, who purchased it from a Harley Davidson owner as evidenced by the HD decal still displayed on the rear. The trailer is dual axle, the four tires are like new tread and there is a full size spare included. We laid a new 3/4" plywood floor over the old floor just 2 months ago. There is the interior sliding door cabinet, and front shelf. I have the original manual and price list for this trailer. The lighting works though some of the non-crucial running lights need new bulbs. I think there is wiring for brakes but I'm not certain the brakes are actually installed. I'm a jeweler not trailer mechanic. I found I didn't need brakes in a flat area anyway. Below is listed the specifics for this trailer including original pricing, as taken from the manual.

$3895 - HP14 Raised Roof - Walk on standard Roof line, 14' overall length, Box size 10x 6.5 wide, 6' ceiling height. Tandem Axle 4000# GVWR, electric brakes (not certain), Drop Down Ramp Door carpeted, 12V Dome, Tongue Jack, Curb weight of 1040#

$140 - Spare Tire and Wheel
$594 - 8' Awning
$80 - Dual Tail Lights
$195 - Work bench, steel framed
$210 - Overhead Cupboard
$47 - Clothing bar mounted to the overhead cupboard
$240 - Roof rack and ladder includes step plate on tongue
$600 - Custom gelcoat coloring
$185 - Two stripes different colors

Total cost new was $6186.

There is also a water tank and pump, I suppose for cleaning your dirtbike after a really fun ride. I don't know if it works and cannot test as I don't have a way to plug it in.

This trailer just needs some love to make it sparkle again and with the included manual with electrical and all the other info you need the right person can make it new again!

Contact me at cynthia@wireyourworld.com for more photos or contact number.

Last edited by wireyourworld : 02-05-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: trying to add photos
wireyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement