Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Manufacturer Forums > Ducati

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
htophet
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Posts: 1
Default 1969 Desmos

Collectors,
Am checking a few foreign motor shops looking to see what the frame, headlight, and tank for a 1969 Desmon Ducati is worth. They are a little rusty though I had them sand blasted a few years ago. The frame is fine, the headlight is fine, and the gas tank has dents in it. I am the owner and have the paperwork; it was the parts bike for a VietNam brother of mine who died in 2000. His model was rigged to run at AMA tracks like Sears Point which I work as a volunteer for during Wednesday night drags and all major races during the summer. > Joseph F.P. Harty>>
PS: If interested or knows someone who would appreciate this collection please respond. Also have access to a 1965-66 BSA that runs, though I believe the owner said it will need some carburetor work. htophet
htophet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by htophet View Post
Collectors,
Am checking a few foreign motor shops looking to see what the frame, headlight, and tank for a 1969 Desmon Ducati is worth. They are a little rusty though I had them sand blasted a few years ago. The frame is fine, the headlight is fine, and the gas tank has dents in it. I am the owner and have the paperwork; it was the parts bike for a VietNam brother of mine who died in 2000. His model was rigged to run at AMA tracks like Sears Point which I work as a volunteer for during Wednesday night drags and all major races during the summer. > Joseph F.P. Harty>>
PS: If interested or knows someone who would appreciate this collection please respond. Also have access to a 1965-66 BSA that runs, though I believe the owner said it will need some carburetor work. htophet
Ebay is your place. You'll find out what it's worth in about 7 days.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Ebay is your place. You'll find out what it's worth in about 7 days.
Everyone's been looking for you? Did you get burned out... your home I mean. Are you selling bottled water at $20 per pint?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Everyone's been looking for you? Did you get burned out... your home I mean. Are you selling bottled water at $20 per pint?
I'm sure he's having a marshmellow roast and gathering charcoal for the barbie.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Everyone's been looking for you? Did you get burned out... your home I mean. Are you selling bottled water at $20 per pint?
I started a "view the fire from my balcony" concession and cleaned up! It was pretty crazy here last night. My yard is one big ash pile today but at least I have a house.

Others weren't so lucky.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

No, you guys are catchin' hell down there fer sure.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off