Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ducati (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati/)
-   -   1969 Desmos (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati/6613-1969-desmos.html)

htophet 10-23-2007 09:22 AM

1969 Desmos

Collectors,
Am checking a few foreign motor shops looking to see what the frame, headlight, and tank for a 1969 Desmon Ducati is worth. They are a little rusty though I had them sand blasted a few years ago. The frame is fine, the headlight is fine, and the gas tank has dents in it. I am the owner and have the paperwork; it was the parts bike for a VietNam brother of mine who died in 2000. His model was rigged to run at AMA tracks like Sears Point which I work as a volunteer for during Wednesday night drags and all major races during the summer. > Joseph F.P. Harty>>
PS: If interested or knows someone who would appreciate this collection please respond. Also have access to a 1965-66 BSA that runs, though I believe the owner said it will need some carburetor work. htophet

Buzglyd 10-23-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htophet (Post 171662)
Collectors,
Am checking a few foreign motor shops looking to see what the frame, headlight, and tank for a 1969 Desmon Ducati is worth. They are a little rusty though I had them sand blasted a few years ago. The frame is fine, the headlight is fine, and the gas tank has dents in it. I am the owner and have the paperwork; it was the parts bike for a VietNam brother of mine who died in 2000. His model was rigged to run at AMA tracks like Sears Point which I work as a volunteer for during Wednesday night drags and all major races during the summer. > Joseph F.P. Harty>>
PS: If interested or knows someone who would appreciate this collection please respond. Also have access to a 1965-66 BSA that runs, though I believe the owner said it will need some carburetor work. htophet

Ebay is your place. You'll find out what it's worth in about 7 days.

seruzawa 10-23-2007 10:35 AM

Dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 171669)
Ebay is your place. You'll find out what it's worth in about 7 days.

Everyone's been looking for you? Did you get burned out... your home I mean. Are you selling bottled water at $20 per pint?

Kenneth_Moore 10-23-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 171671)
Everyone's been looking for you? Did you get burned out... your home I mean. Are you selling bottled water at $20 per pint?

I'm sure he's having a marshmellow roast and gathering charcoal for the barbie.

Buzglyd 10-23-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 171671)

I started a "view the fire from my balcony" concession and cleaned up! It was pretty crazy here last night. My yard is one big ash pile today but at least I have a house.

Others weren't so lucky.

sarnali2 10-23-2007 12:13 PM

No, you guys are catchin' hell down there fer sure.