Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 09-25-2001, 08:20 AM   #1
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Default Re: Raffle to Ride a Ducati Superbike

Steve Rapp sure has guts.

NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2001, 08:40 AM   #2
starvingstudent
Founding Member

"As well as the thrill of the pillion ride"--you mean falling off at 120 mph because there's no grabrail and your feet are two inches below your hip joints? Riding on the back of a Ducati superbike is a thrill I could do without.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:09 AM   #3
Grover
Founding Member

Are there no requirements for potential riders? I've had pillions who, no matter how many times I told them "Relax and lean with me in the corners" actually panic and lean the other way, causing more problems than they realize. All Steve Rapp needs is some idiot to panic the first time he drops his knee and they'll both be eating the asphalt, I'll reiterate the above, Rapp's got guts.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:21 AM   #4
alexa630
Founding Member

They better give me more than a helmet to get on the back of a race bike and haul my fat ass around the track at tire sliding, knee draggin speeds.

Can't they just let me ride it solo? I'd be careful.........not to walk away wishing I'd gone faster
alexa630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 12:18 PM   #5
DrEvil
Founding Member

Reg Pridmore has been taking students around tracks at his school for years!! Motorcycling is about trust. If you can't trust you tires,skill,the guy in front of you, or on the back??THEN COLLECT STAMPS!!!!!!WE DON'T TRUST YOU !!!!! DrEvil.....
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 01:57 PM   #6
elitegroup
Founding Member

I agree with everyone else, it's just bad news going 2-up on a sport bike. I mean why can't they give away a real prize like letting someone ride the thing solo? I mean if they let the wanker mag. editors ride them sometimes, I can't see why they couldnt let an experienced Rider-slash-winner go for a few laps. Hell I know I'm gonna get the sh*t about liability and all that shmear, but hell if I wanted to buttf--k a Superbike pilot I'd just get him drunk HA HA HA! Did I say that outloud?
elitegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:03 PM   #7
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Grab rails are for tying down twenty packs. You're supposed to grab the rider, not the grab rail. That'd be a dope ride, as far as I'm concerned.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 07:53 AM   #8
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

I trust my judgment so I don't outride my skills, and my skills so I don't ask too much of my tires. I don't trust anyone else on the road AT ALL.

I still ride, and I am still alive.

So there.

And, by the way, Reg Pridmore has a lot of guts, too.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 09:53 AM   #9
HyperBusa
Founding Member

Uhhh...I've already made two donations to the Red Cross. And I'd make a third one to stay OFF the backseat. How about letting the winner RIDE the damn bike. Now that would be cool!!!
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote