Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 09-24-2001, 10:17 AM   #1
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Fogarty Injury Update

Damn, That has to get him thinking about taking it slow. I'm sure he is sick of hospital visits from his last injury.

Too bad because I read an article that he was thinking about going into SuperMoto because the riding position wasn't putting too much weight on his bad arm.

Get well soon.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2001, 12:01 PM   #2
starvingstudent
Founding Member

If I was in his shoes, I'd retire from racing. There's been to many injuries at this point. It's not being chicken, it's being smart. It would be horrible if another injury prevented him from even riding recreationally.

I'm sure that the profits from a few "Carl Fogarty editions" of various Ducati motorcycles could provide him money to retire comfortably on (or at least until he finds another job). It's the least the company could do for him.

Heck, if he signs the gas tank of one of those new Multistradas, somebody might buy it
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
MrSpucial
Founding Member

Default Ah come on, he's the Fog

A leg here, a shoulder there. It don't matter what he does to himself, he's always going to heal it out and get back on.

That's why he's the 4 time world champion, and not some average joe shmoe still riding around in small cup classes.

Rock on Fog, Rock On.
MrSpucial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 05:26 PM   #4
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Even the Fog is mortal

It's sad to say, but even the Fog is mortal. He was racing supermotard because he couldn't support weight with his forearm anymore.

There are plenty of durable guys out there, but what the Fog has that they lack is _mad skills_. It'd be a shame to see those lost through another crash.

But hey, it's his life, and if he wants to race till the day he dies, I'll cheer him on (even if he isn't as much of a looker as Katja Poensgen).
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
bmaxw
Founding Member

I'm sure Mr. Fogarty will come out of this just fine and be riding again soon. The saddest part of this that those guys that announce World Super Bike Racing will proably start using Fogarty's name with every ten words spoken insted of the every twenty that is the norm now.
bmaxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 04:02 AM   #6
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Foggy scum

Who the hell does that arrogant piece of dog doody think he is, pulling a Michael Jordan. If he's gonna race, he should stick to a type of racing he's good at - Superbike. I'm sure everyone he's ever bad-mouthed - a considerable amount of racer's - is laughing to themselves about it. you stupid wanker faggy
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 07:42 AM   #7
Scott01
Founding Member

Foggy doesn't ride recreationally. He's said so himself in many interviews. He did have a "Foggy" spec'd Monster built for him a couple years back (before the S4 Fogarty) but said riding around in traffic was too much work....
Scott01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:25 AM   #8
Rafi
Registered Member

Default Lates Fogarty Injury Update

This is from MCN:

Carl Fogarty believes his latest crash is one accident too many and he is unlikely ever to ride again after breaking his right leg last week.

The four times World Superbike champion had been practising on his factory CCM 640 at a track in Anglesey for a supermoto event next month, when a heavy crash broke his tibia and fibula.

Complications resulting from the initial break have meant that doctors are now less optimistic about a quick recovery for the 36 year old. He had to stay in hospital over the weekend while medics waited to see if the swelling would go down.

Speaking from his home in Blackburn, Lancashire the star said, " I’ve got to realise it’s all over – if I carry on like this I’m not going to be able to walk by the time I’m 45. I am going to have to give it up completely now – as hard as that is I have to accept that I don’t bounce as well as I did 20 years ago.

" I am annoyed with myself and IÂ’ve got to accept that itÂ’s time to knock it on the head - there are too many things I have to think about now like the family to allow me to carry on riding bikes. "

Foggy explained the break happened when he landed flat on both his feet after the back of the bike came around on him, throwing him over the handlebars.

Doctors have told him to expect a 10 week recovery period while the bones knit. He will not need the bones pinned.

Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:31 AM   #9
lazy1
Founding Member

Carl, you crashed out when you were at the top of your game, but

you're the best I ever saw and you've lived long enough to

enjoy the perks of being a real live legend. Now you want to

risk spending the rest of your days in a wheelchair? Jeez---take

up golf and chasing starlets, for heaven's sake.
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote