Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 09-21-2001, 09:11 AM   #31
crouchingtiger
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Multistrada

It's even uglier than a BmwGS! I like Suzukis Vstrom much better. Pierre has ruined Ducati!
crouchingtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2001, 10:34 AM   #32
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Now that thing is cool!
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:46 AM   #33
tony
Founding Member

They did it. It took a long time but someone came up with a bike uglier then the BMW k1. I didn't think it would ever hapen and I'm surprise it's a Ducati.

Bike in it's own niche, the ugliest bike ever.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:52 AM   #34
sfcrotty
Founding Member

Default Re: Mutt Bikes

Adventure tourer? Do you mean the Vstrom? Uhhh....450 lbs? Maybe if your idea of adventure includes a lot of smooth pavement. Just looks like a hopped up Bandit to me -- mini hand-fairings notwithstanding.

Oh well. It is nice to see the mfgs. working on bikes that might be fun to ride somewhere other than a racetrack, no matter what they're calling them.

c

Obligatory Ducati Content: "pig ugly troll bike" about sums it up.
sfcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 12:48 PM   #35
cruiz-euro
Founding Member

Default Why do they keep on producing these startermotors

As an owner of a 1300cc and a real man (at least by my own opinion, my wife probably disagrees) there is no way I´m going to buy next anything less than 1500cc. Where is a Ducati a man can buy?

cruiz-euro
cruiz-euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 12:57 PM   #36
dynarider
Founding Member

Ugly-Ugly-Ugly.

Did I mention the fact that I find this bike UGLY? Of course I think the 998 is not all that great either. I do like the looks of the monsters tho. And that new Suzuki? Ugly as hell too. Lots of new ugly bikes coming out. Going to save me a bunch of $$$$ by not even having to enter a stealership this year.
dynarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 02:31 PM   #37
aminalmutha
Founding Member

Default Re: Why do they keep on producing these startermotors

Why all the cubes? Most of the 'little' motors, particularly on sporty bikes, crank out more ponies than the big motors. There's no reason for Ducati to produce a 1500cc engine. Who needs the extra weight? Ducs aren't the most powerful bikes out there, but they tend to be quicker than most stock 1500cc bikes. Real man or not, try not to cry too much when some wanker on a 600cc supersport spanks a 1500cc cruiser in a stoplight drag race. I realize there are always exceptions, but that's not an unrealistic scenario. Besides, Ducati's really not about sheer power anyways. They're usually more about the total package: usable power, good handling, etc, etc. This bike is still in prototype stage, supposedly, so it's hard to say how it'll perform until Ducati releases it. Wierd looking or not, I look forward to some reviews. Who says you can't be a 'real man' and ride one?
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 03:49 PM   #38
suicyco
Founding Member

Default Re: Mutt Bikes

Still, I would rather have the suzi Vtwin, reworked to release its full horsies, than dukes old aircooled pig. Now should they stick the old 996 block in it, and make hte face less pig ugly it would be reasonable. But would it hold together long enough to be classed as an adventure, or would putting it back together cos it vibrated to bits be the adventure. =)

suicyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 11:39 PM   #39
john
Founding Member

I always thought the Japanese style was much more exciting. They all have a very aggressive look to them, they look like they mean business. The Ducati's are like a Ferrari....just another rich man's toy. I know this has nothing to do with track performance, but it is my opinion nonetheless.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:22 AM   #40
Pep
Founding Member

I kind of have to smile at all these "Geez, it's UGLY!" posts... I mean, old BMW's are pretty homely, but I kind of like their funkiness... Some GL1800 owners actually think they have a better looking bike than my K1200LT; whatever - taste is personal... I LIKE the Mulitstrada's looks, OK?... But what I like best is that it's a sporty bike with reasonable ergos... I'm sure it will handle with razor sharpness, too... At 44, I'm done with uncomfortable bikes... I think it will fit in nicely with my R1100RS and K1200LT; lighter, sportier; and I'll just smile when all of you shake your heads at my ugly abomination... To each his own ;^) <
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote