Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ducati News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/)
-   -   Still No V-Twin 1200cc Announcement In World Superbike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/4494-still-no-v-twin-1200cc-announcement-world-superbike.html)

seruzawa 05-14-2007 02:05 PM

Re: Of Course You Don't

Funny how that "perfect" configuration is a complete sales flop.

Sometimes something that appears perfect on paper is far from it in the real world.

acecycleins 05-14-2007 02:31 PM

Honda's VFR has had solid sales figures for some 20 years. I would not describe that as a "complete sales flop". Honda, however, needs to vastly improve the output of the bike and in doing so may need to re-design the current motor. Along with that they could stand to update the body work, but "sales flop" hardly. Anyway- NO ONE else has even bothered working with a V-4 configuration in a sport model. Honda, at the very least, has that going for them.

testcase 05-14-2007 02:44 PM

>pats his Big Red<

Don't listen to the bad man, baby. He doesn't know you the way I do...

Buzglyd 05-14-2007 02:50 PM

I think the VFR does less than 2000 units a year here so if it's not a flop, it's close.

schizuki 05-14-2007 03:11 PM

NEWS FLASH! BIG FOUR NOT TO BUILD 800 FOURS!

Honda: "We do extremely well with both 600s and 1000s, sales-wise ... I don't think at this point there's necessarily room in the marketplace for another mass-market bike."

Yamaha: "The opportunity for us is to build off of the success of platforms we already have in place, not create a new platform to compete with those."

Kawasaki: "How long are [MotoGP bikes] going to be 800s?... Why develop an 800cc replica if it will be obsolete in two years?"

Suzuki: "We've already got a 750 that's an excellent motorcycle, with a long history. To develop an all-new 800cc MotoGP replica that would cannibalize GSXR-750 sales doesn't make much sense for Suzuki, does it?"

Buzglyd 05-14-2007 03:42 PM

Re: NEWS FLASH! BIG FOUR NOT TO BUILD 800 FOURS!

Argue with facts and data-not kbashing.

The_AirHawk 05-14-2007 03:49 PM

Re: one word for ya..

Well, if one is good with a knitting-needle, perhaps "real" is in the eye of the beholder...............

schizuki 05-14-2007 04:06 PM

Besides which - Iraq! Gas prices! Foreclosures!

I guess I showed me.

The_AirHawk 05-14-2007 07:51 PM

Re: Still No V-Twin 1200cc Announcement In World Superbike

Even if socko is a "real" person, he's not "for real". He's a joke: there is no possible way that any sane person could act the way that this man does, and not hang themselves or open their wrist due to the profound unhappiness this person's psyche displays on this forum.

He is completely psychotic, and is probably a danger to himself and everyone in his immediate vicinity.

The_AirHawk 05-14-2007 07:53 PM

You forgot him showing you his tail-lights. Of course, you'd have to go into his garage to see them - hope you return from that.........