Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ducati News (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/)
-   -   Bike Suggestions - Similar to Ducati ST3 (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/4222-bike-suggestions-similar-ducati-st3.html)

sfriderjpo 01-15-2007 03:57 PM

Re: Bike Suggestions - Similar to Ducati ST3

Many thanks for all of the comments. The questions about why the switch to an '07 from an '05 are quite valid. I love the bike... it has 15K miles on it and nothing's wrong... that is, until i took it in the shop to get a new rear tire put on and during the test ride, the bike was hit and it looks like it's gone for good. Since the insurance company is now looking into things, i wanted to hear what other's had to say about similar bikes before i agree to get an '07.

Hope that clarifies things....

Thanks again for the feedback.

Buzglyd 01-15-2007 04:21 PM

Ahhhhh the old crash it on the test ride, sell him a new one trick.

Oldest trick in the book.

Buzglyd 01-15-2007 04:22 PM

Re: Mayors Choose Seattle as America's Most Liveable City

KWalterMitty is also known as KNon sequitur

James_Brown 01-15-2007 04:23 PM

Multistrada 1100S DS

Fenton 01-15-2007 05:13 PM

Oh, I wish that were me. Look, I'm no sue happy person, far from it. I'd throw the old kbb, Nadaguide and everything else out the window and insist that they replace your bike. We don't even want to discuss the value your most special of all gifts your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/sugar daddy gave you.

ksquid 01-15-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Mayors Choose Seattle as America's Most Liveable City

Really where would you rather live San Diego or Chicago..?

sfriderjpo 01-15-2007 05:24 PM

That's how i'm leaning....

... just thought i'd hear any feedback before i proceeded in that direction. Thanks.

ksquid 01-15-2007 05:28 PM

I agree with Fenton... Same thing happened to our Camper/trailer.. We bought it but before we picked it up..it got hit by some older GPTB's Winnebago.. My Wife who is an excellent negotiator, made them cough up a nicer model for the same price... Stay firm.. If Buz is right I would probably go to another dealer on principle..

Fenton 01-15-2007 05:51 PM

You want HIGH book on yours and you want COST on the new one. You'll do all your parts shopping there and any toys and service is only going to be through them.

If they don't want to make their mistake right, screw 'em. You don't need to be a PITA but get what you "need." Talk to nobody but the owner.

schizuki 01-15-2007 05:52 PM

"It won't let me go pass 5.. You guys pay way too much attention to this."

Er, if you're sitting there trying to moderate your posts up multiple times, I'd say you're the one paying way too much attention to this.