Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Ducati News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/)
-   -   Ducati's 800cc MotoGP bike to be a screamer (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/ducati-news/3850-ducatis-800cc-motogp-bike-screamer.html)

acecycleins 08-25-2006 06:21 AM

Re: Ducati's 800cc MotoGP bike to be a screamer

Loris was only a second off Rossi's pace on the 800. According to Loris is handles better. The new frame Honda is working on (that Nicvky tested this past Monday) is rumored to be the next generation 800 frame for Honda.

orcyclist 08-25-2006 06:28 AM

The one idea that appears in virtually all of the riders' comments about the 800 cc machines is that they are more agile. Many riders describe them as a "big 250" to ride. Looks like Pedrosa's chance for a championship in 2007 just got a lot better. Now if only the factories would give us poor plebians some of that MOTOGP technology in a street bike, and no, I don't mean the $60,000 Ducati Desmo RR.

2007 is going to be interesting but 2008 will be great.

allbikesbiker 08-25-2006 06:39 AM

I was at the Duc dealer yesterday and I heard a rumor from the service manager.

He said Ducati is revamping for 2007.

The bikes will be cheaper. *he mentioned 12K to 14K for the new top line sportbike ,

which he said will be a 1200 twin.

how much should I believe..?

well, he said it was introduced at a dealer meeting last week/month.

I guess we'll see.

I'll probably get NOTHING on a trade of my '05 999 :(

acecycleins 08-25-2006 06:53 AM

I work at Atlanta Triump Ducati and the GM just came back from the dealer meeting (this week) and as far as he knows the prices will be slightly higher on the Superbike models because of the dollar exchange rate.

stlarson 08-25-2006 06:59 AM

800cc v4? Wasn't it only a couple days ago that Ducati announced their withdrawl of the 999 from AMA Superbike because they're having competitive problems with the v-twin?

Why wouldn't they just take this apparent v4 and modify it for use in the Superbike series?

acecycleins 08-25-2006 08:24 AM

Because the L-4 motor is designed as a test bed. Just like F-1 MotoGP is about "what if's". Ducati said long ago that the L-twin is the motor format for the company. They sell it, they race it. The L-4 is simply to there to attract interest. That's why the GP replica sells for incredible sums of money. They will only sell one run of the machines.

SmokeU 08-25-2006 08:31 AM

Funny, I'm sure they said the same thing about singles years ago.

ksquid 08-25-2006 09:40 AM

Ducati comes to Jesus

Ah.. Nice to see Ducati blow off the Devil's favorite psuedo V-Twin twin pulse thing.. God loves smooth symentry.. look around it's everywhere.. 4 cylinders, symetric firing order, 800ccs, 90 degree placement for good primary balance... Ah God is smiling today..kpaul predicts 800 cc sportbikes will become the next big thing.. Why not? Mladin said he liked the 750's handling better.. Hey let Ducati race the 1000 V-Twin agains 800cc inline 4s in Superbike... If you guys remember EBoz rode a ~ 800 cc (modified ZX-7R) for the first year of the new 1000cc inline 4 rules a few years ago in AMA superbike...

Jesus saves.. Ducati will be in the mix next year in MotoGP kpaul, God's own GMP, predicts.

seruzawa 08-25-2006 09:47 AM

Re: Ducati comes to Jesus

You are waaaayy late on predicting the return of the 750 class sportbike. At least three other people here have already discussed this.

Maybe you should lay off those Shirley Temples......

Buzglyd 08-25-2006 10:22 AM

Re: Ducati comes to Jesus

Ducati was in the mix this year until the big crash goofball.

Oh, and Yamaha is using a twin-pulse type firing order on its I4 and so is Honda with the V5.

I predict the sun will come up tomorrow! The mighty BUZGLYD has spoken!