Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 04-21-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
dleclerc
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Inspires Fiat

Not to sure how a Cute Ut, embodies the essence of a monster?
dleclerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #2
crevans
Founding Member

This certainly exploits new paradigms to proactively leverage synergies in vertical markets... or something.

It's a CAR. And it's not even a car 99.9% of the readers here would be able to buy, even if they were interested, which at 70hp, I highly doubt.

Is this CAR.com? Is this a paid advertisement?
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #3
SRMark
Founding Member

Looks like a monster from Sesame St.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #4
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default I need a runabout ...

too bad this isn't available in Canada. Good mileage, acceptable looks (better than a Yari/Echo or a Smart Car) and a limited edition to boot.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Oh jeeez. It looks like a freaking Toyota Matrix. What an ugly slug. Whatthefock is the Ducati influence supposed to be? Is this like those idiots who pay extra bucks for the HD badges on an F150?

Buzglyd said he was in the market for a new Ducati........
Old 04-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #6
tomk2
Founding Member

I read an estimate this morning that 65,000,000 newly middle class Chinese expect to buy their first car over the next 10 years.

Global oil supply stagnant, global oil demand rising, gas headed for $4 a gallon in the US this summer and rising at a rate of a dollar or more a year for the rest of our lives.

The fact is that maybe 50% of Americans are too obese and /or clumsy to safely ride a motorcycle or scooter so a mini-SUV like this would have a future in the US.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #7
Dryfly
Registered Member

I'm think'n a "Monster's" foot print would look radically different then the one they're using. Maybe it would be better if it were named the "Coyote".
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

Looks like yer' basic euro-city car to me. They should sell like hotcakes here with gas heading to $4.00 per gallon this summer. I don't see this as any different than the Italian version of the HD-F150 marketing schmaltz, which in my opinion was cheesey as a frenchmans ****.

If Ford managment had enough collective brains to blow their own noses they'd bring the Ford Ka and the newest Focus over here instead of giving the small and fuel efficiant market away to Korea. Look how successful the Chevy Aveo is, it's became GM's top seller overnight. With increased traffic, parking difficulties and gas prices little cars like this are just the ticket for urban commuters.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #9
SRMark
Founding Member

Assuming that we as a nation are stupid enough to keep using petroleum based transporation fuels, your scenario may play out. A while back, some dolt named JKF challenged the nation to put a man on the moon in a few short years. A few billion tax dollars later, job done. A road in this country should have many branches. More fun to ride when there are options.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The F150s are more than badges. They are carefully engineered to leak oil and for parts to fall off.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote