Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #71
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: It is simply a tussle between haves and have-nots.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Then they go back to cars, I guess. Just because you're doing really well as an othodontist doesn't you can fool anyone into thinking you're a badass by riding a Harley.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #72
randymoser2
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Announces New Monster 695

Dude, if you're just racing stoplight-to-stoplight in Texas, get a V-Max. Down here -- in Asheville, NC -- I see I4 Hondas get eaten up all the time by guys on smaller, lighter, less powerful machines like the Monsters, Hawk GTs, SRXs, etc... And (frankly) this sort of riding is a lot more fun than lifting a wheel in Daytona.

Randy
randymoser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #73
sconley
Founding Member

I didn't know the monster was intended to be a Moto GP bike... I guess with this knowledge I have to admit you may be right on this one... On the monster I would look like an a$$... Sure way to change that is to attach a few dozen streams of cow hide from my handlebars... Then I'll be "cool."
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #74
sconley
Founding Member

Default Re: Lets try this again

But you know, people buy twins for torque not horsepower... HP is a theoretical mathematical equation, torque is real and the source of everything good in this world... Let's try this again part II:

Model: Buell XB9R Firebolt

Advertised torque: 65ft/lbs

CC displacment: 994

HP/torque ratio: .065

Model: Monster 695

Advertised torque: 45 ft/lbs

HP/torque ratio: .065

Percentage better than Buell: 0 %

I admit that it doesn't really sound that impressive, but then I realized something... We are weighing this whole thing on CC's... The bottom line, the Buell has 20 more ft lbs than the duc, 24 hp more than the duc, and weighs the same as the duc... I don't care if it's got 2000cc's of volume in the engine... It's probably more fun to ride, and if not, at least it will handily spank this 695 regardless. Besides, it also has fully adjustable showas and a fully adjustable rear too... But I'm a multiple Monster and Buell owner so I can't knock one for the other (m1000 vs Buell)... Give me a Buell chassis with a Ducati 1000ds engine and keep it around 390 wet and I think we all would be wanting a one.

sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #75
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Ok this the type of post I was looking for thanks...

i.e I learned something other than bigdx flunked math in Jr. High.. and he loves W... co·in·ci·dence I think not... Have a good one Thanks again.

** Welcome sportbikebandit, your account expires in 7 days.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #76
BikerJC
Founding Member

Mofo: JEC

Advertised IQ: 169

Mass: 130lbs

IQ/Mass ratio: 1.3

Percentage better than you: Who the hell cares?

HP is irrelevant, especially in this corner of the market. Get over it. ESPECIALLY when you are comparing an air cooled SOHC v-twin to a liquid cooled DOHC I-4.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #77
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: It is simply a tussle between haves and have-nots.

‘A fool and his money are soon parted’

I guess that thought gives comfort to somebody who cannot make real money. My experience tells me a fool never gets his hands on any money to be parted from.

Harleys cost a lot but they retain their value than most other bikes. I almost always get better than blue book when I sell. How does that relate to me being parted with my money? Ever tried to sell your two year old ricer for blue book?

"Then they go back to cars, I guess" ?? Never knew we were not allowed to have both. I own three cars and two motorcycles. I drive a car when I feel like driving a car and a motorcycle when I feel like riding a motorcycle.

‘doesn't [mean] you can fool anyone into thinking you're a badass by riding a Harley’

So unless I want to exceed 150mph on public roads I am trying to look like a badass? What a ludicrous notion. I simply enjoy riding at slower speeds and the way the Harley produces power makes it the most fun bike to ride it at 30 to 60 mph.

PS not sure what an othodontist is, but I am sure I am not one.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #78
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Buz, someone needs your help.

And yet another unfortunate soul gets sucked into KP's (aka sportbikebandit) vortex of nonsense.

We've all been there. Buz, give us a hand pulling JC out of maelstrom of gibberish.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #79
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Buz, someone needs your help.

peebad is back yipeee
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #80
bigdx
Founding Member

Nah, youÂ’d look like an a$$, cowhide or no Â…
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote