Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 08-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #31
blitz
Founding Member

Default Re: Why is it?

You wrote a question. However, you were implictly stating that a Buell Firebolt was not in the same class as the Duc 749 or any Japanese 600.

Clearly, they're not in the same class. That's obvious, and why your "question" was meaningless.

A shootout would be futile. A review of each (and letting a reader reach his/her own conclusion) would be more appropriate. A prudent consumer, after reading said reviews, if still interested, would go to the dealer(s) to ride what appeals to him/her.

I may retract my original comment regarding stupidity.
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #32
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Help is on the way

It ain't too late, love the new black paint
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #33
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: From Buell to Duc... a story about changes!

I have raced a 748 powered franknduc for 2 years. i have had it with that pos and starting next weekend in seattle will be on an sv.

The good news for you is I have both marchisinis and marvics that will fit your bike and everything is for sale. both sets are gold in color.

ducatis belong in california in my opinion and are great if you want to spend money and attach silly carbon fiber and billet bits to an overpriced, underperforming piece of machinery.

I would also like to point out that i am always amazed at the number of street riders who talk about noticing the difference in bikes with similar engine configurations but differing horsepower as if they actually spend any time at all with the throttle pinned.

its time to admit that the reason to own anything more than a 70 hp bike on the street is so you can brag about it.

the best performance upgrade you can to do a bike is to learn to ride it. and have fun on it.

finally, acting like a ducati race rep is a decent street ride is an exercise in denial.

ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #34
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Yer holdin' out on us!

They didn't let take it down the Issaquah-Hobart Road? shame on them...
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #35
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Ok who told you could be a part pooper...anyway. Your are totally right of course..70 hp is about what a little Buell Firebolt has. So shame on me for putting down the Buell... Seems like the SV has a little more right? I always enjoy your real world experience point of view ewok...Keeps us Burger Boy magazine fanatasy riders inline.. What took you so long?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #36
ewok1
Founding Member

good one. i need to stop reading this stuff. and i am told a supersported sv is now running at abut 78 hp at the rear wheel. but that depends on whose dyno your using. it sure doesn't feel like its that much.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #37
gbrummett
Founding Member

Guess I will stick with the Buell. THe last one I had the clutch was still great at 25,000 miles!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #38
drthompson65
Founding Member

Wow.. one of the reasons I went to Ducati was cheap insurance.. $350 a year on a new 999. My agent told me that Duc's simply are wrecked like other type of superbikes. Unless your record stinks (or you are very young) I would shop around.. Geico gave me the best rate.. BTW - welcome to the family!
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #39
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Correction: Bit More HP

XB9R: 70ft-lb/92HP

XB12R: 84ft-lb/103HP

FYI
Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 PM   #40
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Default Re: Help is on the way

yea well. I just looked at the black on last week while picking up my raffle ticket refund for a monster 900 (they couldn't sell all of them, so they quit).

I need to beat this 999 to death before buying another RC51.

I'm sure it won't take too long. :+)
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote