Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 12-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
5valvethumper
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati to be

1st post!

Merry Christmas!
5valvethumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
Neal
Founding Member

For those of you in the Midewst and east who have never been,VMD is worthwhile. If you are into vintage the huge swapmeet in itself is worth the trip. Its heavy on 60's and 70's stuff but some older stuff will be there too. The vintage road race machinery is incredible....you are allowed to wander through the pits and garage area.Last year Jay Springsteen was racing an XR750 against Gary Nixon on a Honda 750. You'll also see everything from Indian Hand jammers to RD350's and Ducatis. The MX is interesting too.....over and above the expected Bultacos,Maicos,Elsinores,CZ's etc.,you'll see Aermacchis,Ducatis/BSA's in period MX configuration. If we're lucky Mathless and AJS will be represented. Usually there are some MX legends there like Pomeroy and Lackey. The flattracking at Ashland fairgrounds is neat too....the grandstands are always full and they are packed 3 deep along the fence....just like the old days...great bar to bar racing. If you casn make it I really recommend it.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
sarnali
Founding Member

Speaking of vintage Ducati's, when are they supposed to start making the Classic series?

It would have been nice to see a few at the IMS this year
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

They had them at IMS last year. The Paul Smart is supposed to come out sometime in 2005 followed by the Sport 1000 and then the GT1000 in '06.

As you can see I have no interest whatsoever in buying one!
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I'd love to make a racer out of the Sport 1000 and a kick-ass custom streetbike out of the GT 1000. -Sean
Old 12-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #6
Neal
Founding Member

From what my dealer says,if you dont already have an order in for thre Paul Smart replica you probably wont get one.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
Buzz_Waloch
Founding Member

Hopefully if you made a racer out of it you could also have some worry beads as an option. I massaged mine when we had the Brutale at Willow.

The GT1000 is my choice because I could see myself taking my son or a pretty girl on a ride down the coast on it.
I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrim
Buzz_Waloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:46 AM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

They didn't have them at the Seattle show last year or this year. The GT would be my choice also.

I almost bought a '78 850 or 860 in '79 to ride home from Virginia, but if I bought the bike I wouldn't have had any money left and Dad's bank was closed, so I wound up going Greyhound instead.

I would have had enough for gas, I guess I could have done it anyway and just not ate for 3 or 4 days or eat at missions or something..
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote