Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 11-02-2004, 04:11 AM   #41
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Default Re: The more celebs the better

We used to have a washed up wanna-be superstar here in Chicago, but he screwed up his ankle (leg?) when he crashed his brand new GSXR1000... Anybody remember that?

I also seem to remember that there is a clause in the players' contracts that forbids them from riding cycles... maybe that's just in Chi-town though...
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2004, 05:00 AM   #42
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Michael Jordan rides Ducati Desmosedici

If his physical ability was ever in doubt, he's impressed me with his ability to fold his giant-sized body into the parameters of a bike designed to fit the likes of Loris Capirossi. (I know, he was on the two seater, but still.)

Just to second everybody else: Jordan seems to really love the sport and will, most likely, do nothing but good for it and motorcycling in general.

Loosley-connected tangent alert: Anybody see the first episode of "Long Way 'Round" (Ewan McGregor project) on Bravo?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:08 AM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

Dude, while I really like you, I've got to jump on the pile here. My two favorite major American sports are the NFL and the NHL. I've tried to enjoy Soccer, or at least tried to understand why so many people enjoy Soccer, and I've come up completely and totally bereft of a plausible answer. My theory is that Soccer was invented before American sports and ingrained into the culture of many nations.

I've watched a good amount of Soccer. I'm literally numbed by how astonishingly boring it is.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:18 AM   #44
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Geez, I wallow in jealousy for a moment and everybody jumps all over me!!!! LOL

P.S. No, Jordan isn't "priveleged" because he is rich, and yes, he earned his money in the NBA.......I say he is priveleged now because he gets to do these things by virtue of the fact that he is a famous former NBA player. He didn't "earn" a ride on the Ducati MotoGP bike. He got it because he is a celebrity and everyone was enamored with him. He can ride pretty well? All things considered, maybe. If he could equal my laptimes I'd give him five bucks.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:25 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: One last shot

I wasn't commenting on Ketchup boy. It was a general slam on the culture of entitlement that is govt employment.

Vote for the French, the irretrievably corrupt UN and the dangerously totalitarian and napoleanic World Criminal Court if you want. I don't give a shyt.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:27 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Way of the world Abe. The Golden Rule. He who has the gold makes the rules.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:32 AM   #47
bigjames
Premium Member

Default WHINER

WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER

yeah, In think that about covers the subject....oh yeah, one more waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you WHINER ....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:34 AM   #48
stoney8888
Founding Member

soccer and hockey are the same sport right?

two haves and no scores.

soccer would be way better if they could add some full contact, like checking, or scrums.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 AM   #49
bigjames
Premium Member

Default WHINER

WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER WHINER

yeah, In think that about covers the subject....oh yeah, one more waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you WHINER ....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:53 AM   #50
Grundoon
Registered Member

Mmmmmmm. . . Wild Turkey!

Gotta agree, that if yer gonna drink malt whiskey, Irish is about as blah as it gets. It needs smoke, like what ye get in a good Islay, like Lagavulin. . . .