Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 10-20-2004, 09:01 AM   #1
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati announces new retail finance deals

Now if only they could make the 999 attractive ...
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Yep, it's no oil painting.

Ouch!

Actually, I have to admit that the 1995 does look better. They blacked out the exhaust cover, painted the frame to match the fairing, and updated the fairing a little. It's better, but still odd.

Definitely nowhere near the iconic design of the 916/996.

And if you own an R1, you don't have to apologize for its looks!
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:53 AM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Yep, it's no oil painting.

1995 Model? You mean 2005??
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
jungkvist
Founding Member

Goody, goody: DucatiÂ’s offering: Low, low, low financing rates for us, the struggling Proletariat. Haven't been in a dysfunctional relationship for, at least, six months. Hooking up with a crazy Italian just might be the ticket. Come to think of it, I think I'll remain a spectator.

"One, please...Balcony will be fine...By the way, what time do the beatings start?" Sorta gives ya goose-bumps, knowing how good the Romans were at Bloody Spectacles, don't it.

Personally, I'm a V-twin junkie (no need for intervention, I'm using the patch). And, just like everybody else in my support group, I have the occasional Ducati-wet-dream. Luckily, I wake up, look at my check-stub, stifle a sob, then call my sponsor. After all, Junkies are fantastic rationalizers, and I can come up with some doozies. 1: Owning a Ducati would be good for the local economy. Just think about all the money I’d be spending at the Chiropractor. And, I’ll definitely need to take Yoga classes. 2: Wouldn’t it be great to own a fine example of Italian design, and wouldn’t all my friends be jealous? 3: Chicks dig ‘em. 4: Chicks dig ‘em. 5: Chicks dig ‘em…STOP! Damn, you! I get the picture! If you find any of this annoying, please remember that you can leave, while I’m stuck here, with me.

In the end, short of winning the lottery, nothing, and nobody, could convince me that owning a Ducati is a good idea. I donÂ’t care how low the financing gets, IÂ’ve grown much to accustomed to eating, to stop, at this point in my life.

Like Play Boy Centerfolds, riding my own, personal Ducati will forever remain a vicarious thrill. IÂ’ve learned to recognize High Maintenance, when I see it; and, next to a Ducati, dating a quadriplegic, crack-head, with Turrets seems like a good idea.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
iamz
Founding Member

I think the 2005 999 is extremely sexy in a very pure, and functional way. To each his own though.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
jkofsky
Founding Member

I'll take my Ducati financing deal:

Me: invest $6K in 2000; let it grow to ~$9K

Other guy: Buy 748R, put gentle 6K miles on it and ~9K in upgrades bringing dyno'ed RWHP to 108; sell to me for $9k

jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #8
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

You are my hero.
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default 2005 is better

I think the standard 2005 999 in red is sweet. The painted frame, beefy R style swing arm, blacked out subframe and exhaust really change the looks from plain to "Nice!" Then drop in a 140bhp engine as standard and it almost seems worth it.

Almost... I'd rather have a clean 996 mono and an older Monster for that kind of money.
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:25 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

Boy them Eye-talians are wily devils, how did they know Buz told me to buy a Multi-Strada?

Still I'll resist and buy a Tiger instead
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote