Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 04-22-2004, 01:30 PM   #31
mikedard
Founding Member

Default Re: Suggestion to the New Investors

I agree what a great idea!! Also fix some of the electronics, headlight, use solid state relays or at least good ones. Put hydraulic lifters on the Le Manns at least, and I'm ready to buy. In fact that's what I've been waiting for almost a decade! I just like the looks of the Le Manns. I can't shake it, or explain it, it goes against my schooling (engineering). The 2 year warranty is convincing me about their quality improvement efforts are working. When I tell my friends that I really always wanted a Le Manns, they just look at me and I get a blank look, they all stop talking. Once someone asked was that the bike with the heads sticking out the sides like horns? Yes that's the one. Still I get the same look. Oh well.
mikedard is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2004, 02:33 PM   #32
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi the Italian Harley.

My concern would be that Ducati concentrates on the cruiser aspect of MG and drops their sportbike line,which would be a shame. The MG cruisers leave me cold,but I lust for a LeMans in my garage. Call me strange but I'd rather have a leMans than a Ducati ss1000.....there's no accounting for taste,but i too love the look and sound of the transverse guzzi V
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #33
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: Suggestion to the New Investors

I think the answer to that one is "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand." Or the equivalent in Italian (per Babelfish): "Se dovete chiedere, quindi non capireste."

wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:44 PM   #34
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Confirms Interest in Moto Guzzi

I remember all of those except the DOT. I even owned a Zundapp (pronounced soontop). The Sears Puch was rebadged as the Allstate and the 250 was the "twingle" with both pistons on the same throw of the crank. Still the Indiana was so revolting that I had almost purged it from my memory along with the Honda Dream. Do you rememer the Penton and Cotton dirt bikes? How about the Greeves or the Gilera? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:47 PM   #35
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Oops you already mentioned the Greeves. How about Amazonas? VWW
Old 04-22-2004, 03:11 PM   #36
rossbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: How about a Utah?

Ouch

Somewhere, there are five fourteen year old girls looking over at their new husband and wondering why their ears are burning...

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 03:15 PM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Yes, I have an old Cycle World with a test of the Amazonas. Real industrial grade stuff.

A couple of my friends in High School picked up a Pirella 125 and a Gilera 125 in an auction. Both 4 strokes and real POSes with parts virtually impossible to find. I also remember driving through Watts in a wreck of a '57 VW looking for the Pirella dealer and praying like mad that the car wouldn't break down until I got out of Compton. It didn't.

I do vaguely remember Cotton and Penton.

How about Yamaguchi? Bridgestone? White Bros.?
Old 04-22-2004, 03:25 PM   #38
Buzglyd
Founding Member

A neighbor kid down the road from me had a Sachs 125 dirtbike. Two-smoke, radial-finned head. It had some crazy front suspension that weighed about 200 pounds. What a pile of garbage. I could run rings around him on my Yamaha 125 and practically could keep up on my Honda XR75.

The Sachs met its untimely demise when the piston stuck and the whole thing caught on fire in his front yard. We laughed while he cried!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:27 PM   #39
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

The Yamaguchi escapes my memory, however I have ridden a Bridgestone, and bought a White Bros. swingarm for a xr 350 that I explored Baja with. BTW I grew up in South Central LA when Compton was an all white suburb. VWW
Old 04-22-2004, 04:32 PM   #40
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

BTW, used to cruise high school in a friend's 57 VW. Very cool with the oval rear window.

VWW