Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 03-20-2004, 06:11 AM   #71
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Profits........Or Not

your a poet, and you don't know it
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2004, 06:15 AM   #72
sarnali
Founding Member

Thats true, the new R-1 is drop dead gorgeous, compared to the newer Ducati's love it or leave it style, then factor in the cost differance and it's a slam-dunk for alot of buyers.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:27 AM   #73
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: They'll never get it

"Cheap booze gets you just as drunk as good booze" ?? Heathen! Are you mad?....... Maybe if you're gargeling it like a high school kid.

I'll take a good single malt Irish or Scotch anyday, feeling that smokey apple peat fire trickle down my throat then crawl back up my spine is truely one of lifes simple pleasures.

Life's too short to drink cheap booze.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:29 AM   #74
maladg
Registered Member

I'm shocked...SHOCKED to find that folks who like Ducati's still like - well, Ducatis. I'm equally SHOCKED to see that folks who don't care for Ducatis still don't care for them and want everyone to know that they still don't care for them and why in tedious detail.

And I'm still shocked to find gambling in Rick's establishment....
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:44 AM   #75
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: No insults, just the facts.

Since cruiser sales far outnumber sportbike sales it's fairly obvious that racing results aren't the most important criteria for a majority of buyers.

Ducati's own Monster series is their biggest seller, and the newest models from Ducati are "classicaly" styled standards and '70's race replicas.

Style, projected image and suitability to task are the biggest motivators, not race results. you don't need market surveys to tell you that, just take a look at what people are riding.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:04 AM   #76
sarnali
Founding Member

I think that remains to be seen, The bikes themselves (appear) to be beautifully made reproductions of '70's era bikes with modern running gear, Much like Triumphs Bonneville series.

There's a pretty strong market for retro styling with modern electronics and braking/suspension componants in the automotive world as well as bikes, A few examples would be, of course, Harley and Triumph, the new Beetle, the Mini Cooper, Fords T(urd)-Bird, The PT cruiser, and the new Chevy Roadster

That sort of styling sells well right now, and I think Ducati will do quite well with it.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:09 AM   #77
sarnali
Founding Member

Round up the usual suspect's, constable.................
Old 03-20-2004, 07:10 AM   #78
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I was in a Ducati dealership the other day and saw the 999. It is an absolutly beautiful motorcyle when viewed in the flesh. That being said none of the hunched over racerboy replicas are my cup of tea. I did however find the Multistrada intriguing. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:11 AM   #79
busa99999
Founding Member

Hello Gentleman The Duc is a twin an R1 ,gsxr and Zx-10 are not. Value? price a 14 yr old jap sport bike then price a duc 888spo which has better long term value? Twins do not ride like an in line four.
busa99999 is offline   Reply With Quote