Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 03-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #51
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Profits........Or Not

What can I say besides "Right on!"

The nail hath been smote on the head.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think you mean Bic lighters.

A Zippo is a classic.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:22 AM   #53
ValkBandit
Registered Member

zippo, bic ... take yer pick.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #54
Minister
Founding Member

Nosajwols has Ducati pegged.

The Sport Classic models are a hopeful sign that the company hasn't completely lost its ability to do good styling. Now they need to fix the look of the rest of the lineup.
Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:00 PM   #55
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Ferracci changes

This may have something to do with the fact that Fast by Ferracci up the way from Philly in Willow Grove recently started selling Yamahas. This is in addition to Guzzis, Agustas, the Benelli they have, Husqvarna and DUCATI.

When I asked the salesman about it, he said "How many people do you think can afford to buy one of these? We have to make money ..."

Hmmmm ...
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #56
raddog
Founding Member

Default Re: thanks for missing the point entirely

OK. i understand the whole "value for dollar" argument, but if that is really what we should be striving for, then shouldn't we all be riding 600's? Even MO has stated that most of us will see little improvement in our riding ability or "track times" by moving to litre class bikes. Additionally, there is a certain amount of value that one receives by buying something that is aesthetically pleasing to them regardless of the price/value ratio. Look how many buyers of Hummers and 20 inch chrome wheels there are...
raddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #57
96sp
Registered Member

You can all gas on about all sorts of things on this topic but the bottom line is yes the bikes are horrid 3 dimensional abortions and yes Pierre is an idiot. If Massimo

would have designed the New SS and the new 999 there would be waiting lists and lines to buy these bikes and Ducati would sell every single one they made. That is it

end of story. Why do people go on about Pierre and defend him ? Get over it, he is a mistake and Yes the supermono was cool but that was about it.
96sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: No insults, just the facts.

Funny I thought that accusing someone of being utterly self-oriented was an insult.

Then of course your next answer was more sarcastic BS.

Where is your extensive marketting survey? In your tank bag?

I thought so.

If you want to compare levels of self-absorption we should compare real world measures of caring for community like charitable contributions or hours per month in volunteer work. We'll see who is more self-absorbed.

Old 03-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #59
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: Gratuitous assertions

You wrote something where you projected your feelings onto the public at large. Clearly this was in error. Motorcycle companies, especially one that is in the red (no pun intended), according to this report, continue to race in the most prestigous series that motorcycling has to offer. This is done a great expense, no doubt. Ostensibly this is done because it benefits them in some way, my supposition is that reaps financial rewards in the showrooms (vide infra below). Thus, people do care, your gratuitous assertion notwithstanding.

My guess is that there's a certain cache associated with ownership of a product whose parent company wins races. I'm not sure what the percentage of buyers that this factors in the decision, but then again, I'm not in Marketing. Perhaps you are.

As for your last statements, again, you would think that you would take counsel in your previous example of being imperious.

My apologies for your offense above.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #60
Woody650
Founding Member

Default Re: Performance Numbers and Reasoning are not why you pay more for a Duc

You're right, the Tuono was a step in the right direction for Aprilia, because it offered class leading performance....but I'm not thrilled with the Aprilia styling either....the Tuono looks pieced together and the Mille like a tarted up RC51.

The Falco and Futura look okay, though the Falco would have sold better if it had a better name!
Woody650 is offline   Reply With Quote