Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 01-31-2004, 05:13 PM   #41
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Save yourself.

"Kook the Baptist" Thanks for the compliment. "Do what I do now. Don't read his posts at all. You'd be amazed what a sense of spiritual release it can be." Is that since yesterday that you don't read my posts?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2004, 05:42 PM   #42
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Now that you are 40

You can sit at the adult's table at the Gray Pony Tailed Brotherhood Rally in Sturgis this year. You can also take the Jr. HOG Member patch off your jacket.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:45 PM   #43
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Better buy now

"To bad you didn't learn anything in Econ 101."

That should be "Too bad you didn't learn anything in Econ 101"

Old 02-01-2004, 12:28 AM   #44
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Sport Classics are Coming!

Nov 2005 Availability for only one bike?? Sorry, I live in the here and now. Wake me up when you can actually see one.
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:52 AM   #45
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: So What To Do With Pierre?

Time will tell. The 999 is definitely growing on me. It won't hurt seeing it in full race trim as EBoz whips the snot out of it in AMA. Nothing boosts sales like a strong domestic racing presence. Let's just hope they're competitive against the Hondas ...

Anyway, besides racing cred, Terblanches designs will get more credit as they get copied by the Japanese and gain more mainstream acceptance. My guess is that in 3-5 years we'll mostly dig his 999/'Strada designs and look back at how they influenced other bikes. They don't have the instant sex appeal of the 916, but they are definitely distinctive and attractive in their own way. If they hadn't been boldly original, everybody would be *****ing about his sorry attempt to copy Tamborini.

As for the Monsters, they deserve recognition for their role in the whole naked thing, but they're starting to look pretty stale next to the Brutale, and the performance is not much next to a Tuono. And Ducati has never figured how to do that radiator right on the S4. It's just hanging out there in the breeze like a retarded kid who can't zip his pants.

Oh, and those classics are pretty cool. The Sport 1000 gets my loins all a-twitter.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:29 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah?

The books better than the movie
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #47
dp5
Founding Member

Default you snooze, you lose

unless seeing other people riding them is good enough for you. i've had a deposit for PS with my dealer since early november.

live today, but plan for tomorrow (and learn from yesterday
dp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #48
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Too pricey for now, but...

If they're anything like the MH900e they'll depreciate. Those bikes are available for around $9500-$10k nowadays, even though they all sold out in the first fifteen minutes or whatever it was, with a list of $12,995 and common resale in the first year of around $15k.

Just a thought...

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:42 PM   #49
dp5
Founding Member

Default ALL production vehicles depreciate

except for first 6-24 months when prices are propped up by limited availability (only for some vehicles of course) - that happened with everything from miatas to vipers to minis to MH900s. their value is in the enjoyment they provide to some people and in being the first on the block to own one to others. what i usually do is find a dealer that will commit to MSRP and place a deposit. that way i get fair value, in a timely manner. by the time it depreciates i will have had enough fun to make it worth every penny of the decrease. or if it proves to be less fun than i expected i flip it for a quick profit. but to each their own i guess...
dp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #50
VMan_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah?

Maybe she would be more becoming in the flesh (as in 3-D)??????
VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote