Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 11-19-2003, 05:23 AM   #1
pnerenberg
Registered Member

Default Re: EBoz Signs with Ducati for AMA Superbike

Hopefully after Xaus mangles a few Desmosedicis, they'll send Bostrom up to MotoGP! While seeing EBoz on a Kawasaki almost seems natural at this point, I'm glad he landed on a competitive team. It remains to be seen, however, how the 999 will fair against 4 cylinders without any restrictors. I know the AMA is giving a couple of benefits to the twins to allow them to remain competitive, but we'll see how that actually turns out. Lavilla was giving them plenty of trouble with his GSX-R1000 in WSBK. I really hope that signing with Ducati brings Eric closer to the world scene - he deserves it.
pnerenberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2003, 05:58 AM   #2
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Eric is bigger than this. Frankly he was the only real reason to watch AMA this year anyway. I hope his contract contains clauses that allow a move to Gran Prix if the opportunity arises.

It is ridiculous that Kawi wouldn't race their new ZX-10 with Eric. I forsee this decision putting a bit of a dent in their sales (especially with the '04 R1 on the scene.) What is their problem?
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:13 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

It will take more than afew. He's a spanish rider on a Spanish sponsered team, It will take Xaus to be doing parade laps in the back of the field most races and still mangling 4-6 Desmos.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:16 AM   #4
nokneedragin
Founding Member

I would love to see Eric riding in the GP (I don't think WSB has much life in it anymore). But he's on one of the most competetive bikes out there and with the support Ducati (and michelin) seams to want to give he has a d*mm good shot at an AMA championship. Look what he could do with the old 750.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:17 AM   #5
sidefx996
Founding Member

Good for Eric, super talent and nice guy too. Nice to see Ducati getting serious here again and see things work out for him. With Yamaha and now Kawasaki out of superbike it was going to start getting boring here. By the way, where's Anthony Gobert? I seem to remember him leading a couple races last year, at least for the short time his bike held together. Maybe Eric needs a teammate. Love to see him get another shot on a competitive bike, it's been awhile. I know he's screwed up few times but geez it seems like the more Xaus crashes the more not only chances but promotions he gets. Gobert's been a winner on Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Bimota, hello? He seems to be able to master new bikes faster than anyone. Who else are they gonna hire? Curious what anyone else thinks.
sidefx996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:23 AM   #6
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Remember when Factories would race each other?

AMA Superbike racing is losing factories...

World Superbike or should we call it Ducati Cup is a joke... What's this about a rule next year for one tire company for all? Crazy!

Moto-GP at least had Ducati mix in with the Honda's.

I think the 600 class should take over for the superbikes. At least every factory is represented.

ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:30 AM   #7
K8
Founding Member

Kawasaki really blew it!! Put the Crack pipe down fellas!! Go E-Boz!!!
K8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:32 AM   #8
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Old news longride

I posted this rumor a few days ago. See my post in EBoz discussion Old news
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:14 AM   #9
BRIAN_1
Founding Member

Finally we get to see AMA's best rider on a competitive bike! I was amazed all year at how well EBoz could do on that underpowered Kawasaki.
BRIAN_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:34 AM   #10
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Foolish suits

Don't forget the new MacDonalds ads,,,,,,,"I'm lovin' it",,,,,,, My god did they pay for that?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote