Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 10-24-2003, 04:54 PM   #51
GogglesPaisano
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati unveils Sport Classics

Want.Sport.1000.

Must.Have.Sport.1000.

I would knock the bottom out of that bike, and that ain't just the beer talkin'...

Okay, so it's the wine that came after the beer, but still... That yellow bike just calls to me...

Just gorgeous...

-=Goggles=-
GogglesPaisano is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2003, 06:52 PM   #52
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Embrace change

I don't know about the tailsection of the MH900e, but the swingarm is bloody gorgeous.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:42 AM   #53
Fido
Founding Member

How much are you asking for that kidney? ItÂ’s always a good idea to keep one in the freezer in case I get the munchiesÂ…

Fido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #54
kurth23
Registered Member

It's not all Boomers. By the time I was born, Ike was long gone, but I like these bikes too.

I think it's a case of certain styling cues being classically beautiful. These are motorcycles that look like motorcycles.

Up until my T100 Bonneville purchase in August I'd never owned anything but Japanese fours. Now, there aren't too many bikes in that category that thrill me anymore. They're smooth, powerful, and capable, but they don't have much style.

It's not always a tragedy when function takes a backseat to form. Although, in the case of these Ducs, it looks like one could have their cake and eat it too. Yummy.

kurth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:39 PM   #55
wspark
Founding Member

Unfreakingbelievably gorgeous.

Now only if they can be somewhat practical.

I own a 996, and anyone with one of the 916 family of bikes know that they need at least one more real-world bike for days other than the canyons or the track.

One of these guys can suit the bill nicely... As long as the damn valve adjustment intervals are more real-world....

wspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 09:45 AM   #56
kpmastoris
Founding Member

Loved the PS. Take a deep breath guys, I've got news though: Not liking new stuff is a trusty sign of getting old at heart. There is beauty in innovation, and, yes: especially in the Multistrada's arse, whether us old folks like it or not. Of course it's OK to ride a Commando and listen to the Doors, it's just not getting you anywhere new. Let's free our mind and our ass will follow as George put it.
kpmastoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:20 PM   #57
kurth23
Registered Member

Just because it's new, doesn't make it pretty. The AMC Pacer, the Ford Fairmont (late 70's version), and Chrysler's K cars were all new once, but they where homely from the start. Time hasn't helped. I'm sure the Pontiac Aztec will not be a much sought after collector vehicle in the coming decades. The most recent Ford Thunderbirds probably will be.

Some designs just have a timeless beauty that ages very well. Others are ugly from day one, and only look worse as the years roll by.

Hmmmm, kind of like people, I guess.

kurth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:52 PM   #58
BimotaRich
Founding Member

Beautiful bikes... I went to Tokyo to see them in the flesh but alas they had been moved! I like em all but particularly the screaming yellow bike... now but a passenger seat on it and sell it to me already....
Old 08-02-2004, 06:29 PM   #59
HarryMyhre
Founding Member

The GT1000 is the one for me! Refreshing change from what's out there on the market now.
HarryMyhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #60
killer5280
Registered Member

Maybe these doofuses could just go to the Ducati website and download the 22 page brochure which contains lots of high res photos and also puts to rest any conjecture about whether these are really production models.
killer5280 is offline   Reply With Quote