Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 05-19-2003, 05:06 AM   #21
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati: Reloaded

The all-time winner for me is "Anaconda" - J-Lo fires about 10 shots from a bolt-action rifle without working the bolt... classic.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2003, 06:03 AM   #22
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Photo #6

I wallpapered #6 and Trinity has a very bad case of bitter beer face. Definitely a poor stand in replacement. I'll wait until the movie is out on tape. I have read too many mediocre reviews. Yesterday I watched Jet Li in "The One". Awesome movie and premise. Sure the plot has a few holes but I was thoroughly entertained. Jet Li has overtaken Jackie Chan in my book. Shanghi Nights with Jackie and Owen Wilson was just plain boring. I love Jackie Chan's Hong Kong made movies but when he is directed in American made movies they start putting in the special effects that just ruin his movies, everytime.

The X-Men movie was as expected, lame. I only went to please my son and wife. A real yawner. Daredevil was ok but Ben Affleck is a pencil neck and they had to disguise this by giving him a high collar. And his co-star, the Ali"ass" girl is hot but her implants are so implant looking if you know what I mean.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 06:32 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Speed TV Guest WSB Commentator Colin Edwards says Ducati has unfair advantage

Colin Edwards suggested WSB eliminate restrictor plates placed on the GSXR1000 Suzukis. Edwards was a guest race commentator for WSB race #2 this weekend. "The restictor plates on the Suzuki allow the Ducati to run away from the Suzuki at high speeds where air flow is max, if the plates were gone Lavila would be giving the Hodgson fits" See more at WSB race #2
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:59 AM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You know why

Cause its ugly.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #25
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Photo #6

There was a plus side to X-Men 2, it was the debut of the new Mazda RX-8 which Wolverine drives to escape from the school.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:53 AM   #26
Ricardo_1
Founding Member

Oh, for Christ's...., it's an "Fin", movie, it's not real. Just sit back, eat your popcorn $4, drink your $5 soda and enjoy the fantacy. It was an epic chase scene, blowing the one in MI2 away if only because it was a hot babe on the bike, or at least the illusion of one, rather than some dude, or the illusion of one.

The movie was very cool.

The bikes were fun and great to see in a film.

I had a blast.

Ricardo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:12 AM   #27
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

The movie was interesting overall, but after thinking a while, I came to the conclusion that the first was much better. I got tired of the fighting-as-a-method-of-communication stuff after a half-hour of it. Neo even has to fight the non-bad-guys in this one, simply to ensure that "he's OK". What is this, an L.A. gang initiation?

I also thought the big cave-dancing scene with Neo bonking Trinity in a back room was needless, pointless, and out-of-place in this movie. I could sense the uneasiness in the audience during this scene. It seemed as if the writers were sitting around saying "OK, how can we fit some T&A and african drumbeats into this flick?"

I liked the scenes that reveal plot points, but other than that, it was surprisingly forgettable.

Incidentally, what got the most cheers from the packed theater that night was the trailer for Freddy Vs. Jason. I am waiting with baited breath for that one!!!
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #28
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Photo #6

I think this year is going to be the year of the big disappointments- Daredevil was lame, Matrix was just o.k., The Hulk looks just stupid and too cartoonish, and T3... just watch the trailers and you will understand.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:09 PM   #29
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Abe Froman

I assume that baited breath means that you've been spreading Uncle Charlie's Catfish Bait on your crackers again. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:35 PM   #30
shinnix
Founding Member

Default Re: You know why

Ha ha ha! To the point! Actually I thought so too, but when I finally saw it in person I really liked it. Too pretty for track day, that bike...
shinnix is offline   Reply With Quote