Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 04-03-2003, 10:14 AM   #11
boru4761
Registered Member

Default Re: Ducati S4R Press Release

This should make the the next installment of the naked comparo very interesting. Just think MO you could throw all sorts of new bikes in the mix this time. You could even make it a naked v-twin vs. naked inline 4 duel . Ducati S4R, Buell XB9S and Sv1000 ( completely naked if you please) vs. Kawa z1000, 919, FZ1 and the Speed Four just for fun. The only problem then is: where are you going to put the Speed Triple?
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #12
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Idea

That would be a sweet shoot out.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #13
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Yup, time to start clamoring for the next shoot out. The comparo you propose sounds great!...</p>

But please, let's include the Tuono and the Rockster. (Remember Johnny B gave the R1150R a glowing revue even when juxtaposed with the Speed 3.)</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:16 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Love this bike see the pictures at Motociclismo of Italy Ducati S4R pics
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:17 PM   #15
Jakh77
Founding Member

I think I'm warming up to this new breed of Monster. It's definitely uglier than it's air cooled brothers but it's got way more power. The problem is still that the swingarm is disgusting. I would prefer a nice quality double sided swing arm to that bathroom plumbing style single. And why the hell are they hyping the "practical and elegant variable cross-section aluminum handlebar"? WHO CARES?? Would the performance overcome the ugliness? I think it's too close to call but the 14 g's makes it a little easier, so ummmmm, no thanks, how about a cagiva raptor instead, should be less, even with the shipping.
Jakh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #16
Haru
Founding Member

actually, I wasn't talking about the look at all. I was talking of the running characteristic. The 2 valve desmo due mill is a really colorful character, with all kinds of personality quirks, rattles, buzzes, primary and secondary vibration, imperfect power band and throttle behaviour, etc. Compared to it, the 4 valve water cooled engines are refined, polished, perfectly mannered, and just too good.

I ride a ZX-12R and trust me, I know how nice power is. but I don't need more power from a monster than what the 900 engine had, about 75rwhp. For me, Ducatis aren't about going fast. They're about warming the ****les of my heart. The old engine does that, the 4 valver does not......
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #17
john
Founding Member

He is avoidin the subject......

10 bucks says he ****ed it up and is paying some shop out the wazzoo and doesnt want to fess up to it, lol
Old 04-03-2003, 09:55 PM   #18
merv
Founding Member

JB you still didn't update us on the gaddamn head bolts. Or did you just get a quickie divorce instead?
merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:21 AM   #19
sarnali
Founding Member

I agree, the air cooled ones seem to fit the monster profile better, and the 4 valves service intervals and cost just seem too high for me, maybe for a track bike or a sunday driver, but I average close to 20k miles a year, I'd either be spending alot of time or a lot of money on maintainance with a 4v as my daily driver and I've got enough demands on my time as it is.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:24 AM   #20
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Maybe hes yanked the POS motor out and it retrofitting a 426 hemi in it, after all mercedes and chrysler are the same company now, it should fit right in.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote