Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 02-18-2003, 12:47 PM   #11
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati MotoGP Bike Intro Feedback: V4's are the go, in-lines are so last year.

Hey KPaul I thought you were an in-line fan. Not to worry us VFR riders are very happy that the V4 has been chosen by Ducati as we know its a good engine configuration. Mind you, the V5 hasn't done bad so far either except we are still waiting for the road version.

Cheers

Merv.
merv is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2003, 12:52 PM   #12
merv
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati MotoGP Bike Intro Feedback

Knowing how the paddock used to talk of how the WSB Ducatis got through crankcases it wouldn't be a bad thing if HRC was supplying the cases built to the usual strength and reliabilty that Honda are known for. Hey if Harleys can be proudly made with Jap parts why not Ducatis?

Cheers

Merv.

Old 02-18-2003, 12:54 PM   #13
BadCop
Founding Member

Default Get your bid in now...

Folks, if you live in California, you're out of luck. Like URL domain names, I've registered the following plates:

1. RC211V

2. DESMO 16 (Desmo Sedici)

3. YZR M1

Damn, I missed out on RS3 CUBE and MOTO GP. There's still Kawi and Suzuki available, (maybe, I haven't checked). When these bikes become available for us mere mortals, could it be that some rich folks will want to ante up for bragging rights? Maybe even American Honda (or Yamaha, Ducati)? Cha...ching!
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Ducati MotoGP Bike Intro Feedback: V4's are the go, in-lines are so last year.

Actually my original theme was "The Death of V-Twins in Racing" But somehow I became the inline 4 guy. Whatever V-Twins in Racing are toast. Love VFRs. My next bike will be a VFR with ABS (Here in Seattle ABS would be good in the rain).
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
merv
Founding Member

... and actually I don't really mind - I figure as long as you are on two wheels you are having fun. Even seeing the Harleys at our HOG rally last weekend and the Harleys on display at our museum I was happy to go see them. I probably like the V-Rod best because its got a 9,000rpm redline - getting more like the Jap bikes we love. Meantime at the price we pay for bikes in New Zealand I am totally satisfied with my '94 VFR which still looks and runs like new. I just wasn't too pleased to hear the new model went back to cam chains - the old ones with their gear drives sounding like sewing machines are fine by me. I look forward to hearing when you buy a VFR and tell us what you think of it.

Cheers

Merv.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:16 PM   #16
BadCop
Founding Member

Default Re: Get your bid in now...

Oops, forgot about a fourth plate....

DESMO V4

BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:39 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Good bye V-Twins

And apparently all the Japanese are going to have to dump inline fours for V-5s.

Time to throw that Ninja away!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #18
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Good bye V-Twins

Na Na Kawasaki still has an inline 4 for a MotoGP bike. ZX-10 will be an inline 4.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #19
DurangoKid
Founding Member

Default Why wait?

You don't have to.

If you want a Desmosedici, you can have a replica NOW. Visit www.qbcarbon.com and you can order replica body work for any 748/916/996/998 in carbon fiber or fiberglass.

Expensive, but it will certainly set your run of the mill Ducati out from the crowd!
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 02:30 PM   #20
NoKneeDown
Founding Member

Default MotoGP '03...sticky icky (that means it's gonna be chronic, er, good)

I hope I have good enough karma to be reborn as Yossef. At least then I wouldn't be so damn green with envy. Reading his words about the intro sent chills down MY spine. I shoulda majored in journalism. Funny how an article with gooey pics of the GP bike makes me skip right over the homologation special 999...If I can't have either then I might as well lust after the one that's waaaaaaaaaay out of reach.
NoKneeDown is offline   Reply With Quote