Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Ducati News

Old 02-05-2002, 03:56 PM   #41
KawiClark
Founding Member

Default Re: Have you seen the

I agree with you totally. Don't worry everyone...Kawasaki will be ready to kick some a** in GP1.
KawiClark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2002, 03:18 AM   #42
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati announces 989 cc V-Four MotoGP bike

Katoh has a history of 1 year to learn, next year to win. They might just switch him to the V5 if he's good enough. He's probably got an edge on Rossi in patience, industry, likeability and nationality.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 03:20 AM   #43
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Re: Have you seen the

No need to get so defensive - I like Kawi but face it, they got a lot of work to do. As for making assumptions on what's lurking underneath the K, who knows the whole story.

Yet, most insiders, one whom has reliably obtained a more than half-baked story that it IS in fact a bored out 7 motor, which may or may not contain MotoGP prototype parts. They could be testing it on a part by part basis.

Ultimately, K could surprise us in '03 with an all new engine based on all the parts tested on the "souped" up 7 they used during the experimental phase.

Still, my two cents says K will have their hands full in '03 MotoGP...
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 04:15 AM   #44
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

YOu are probably right. A Japanese world Champion? That's almost as crazy as a british world champion. I am sure Honda would try that much harder if Katoh is as good/better than rossi.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 04:54 AM   #45
Lincoln
Founding Member

there was a press release from a Feb 4 Honda awards function that had comments from several of its grand prix riders. If talk is any indication, Katoh is not waiting til next year for the title. He's talking very tough indeed
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 06:36 AM   #46
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default MORE AMERICANS IN GP

You gotta admit, he [Katoh] is looking good. He is faster than the rest of the 2-stroke Honda riders at all the tests, is right on Rossi's tail (if not faster) at the same tests, and he is on Dunlops no less. Not to say that it's a lesser tire, but they have been out of GP500 comp for- I think- 4 to 5 years now. If the GP1 Bikes' tires have problems lasting the race distance, Katoh could clean up. Roberts sounds optimistic though, which is a lot better than he lead on to be before last season. Hopefully he can adapt to the new bike. Schwantz says he will try to get Nicky Hayden a ride on the new Suzuki close to the end of the AMA Superbike Season. I say we need more Americans in GP.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #47
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Miracle bike!

Does it come with a 16-wheel transporter full of spare parts and foriegn mechanics so they can tear down and rebuild the entire motor ever 600 miles?

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:11 AM   #48
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: Miracle bike!

no, he's not referring to the 4stroke horrors, he's referring to the 2strokes. here, let me enlighten you with a quote for you from HRC President Yasuo Ikenoya :

.....The NSR500 incorporates further refinements on the final-spec version of our 2001 championship machine. Its lighter body allows it to out-perform the RC211V in terms of low-speed cornering and hard braking. The design has more experience behind it, and it's more reliable too, so its prospects are excellent.' taken from motogp.com 2/6/02

DID HE SAY MORE RELIABLE??!!
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:19 AM   #49
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

How about Aprilaha or Yamilia, since yamaha and Aprilia are the only two left after everyone else merges.

Suzaki

Kawazuki

or

Duconda

Honcati

or

Aprilaha

Yamilia
Old 02-06-2002, 11:54 AM   #50
Poser
Founding Member

Default Just think...

If you did that, you could adjust the crank timing to make it say "potato, potato..." at idle and then run like a Ducati off idle.

Probably wouldn't work too well in real life, but if you could figure out how to do it, imagine the possibilities!
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote